Closed FAC ticket

AronDaglish

that's fine then ,but you must inform them where you are shooting .

Actually you don't, though they might well ask. I have had this out with Lancs as long as its cleared for the closed chaps calibre and they have consent then they might like to know but they don't have to know.

Actually you don't, though they might well ask. I have had this out with Lancs as long as its cleared for the closed chaps calibre and they have consent then they might like to know but they don't have to know.

Interesting!

I was under the impression that i could only shoot on land that i have had written permission for and logged it with the Police.

So based on your conversation with Lancs you can basically shoot anywhere you like, as long as you have permission (writen or verbal) and its been signed off by the Police in the past for the caliber you are using?

Kind of makes a closed / open status redundant though I would think.

By no means am i arguing the point here, im over the moon as it puts my mind at rest if asked to come shooting on someone elses permission.

Interesting!

I was under the impression that i could only shoot on land that i have had written permission for and logged it with the Police.

So based on your conversation with Lancs you can basically shoot anywhere you like, as long as you have permission (writen or verbal) and its been signed off by the Police in the past for the caliber you are using?

Kind of makes a closed / open status redundant though I would think.

By no means am i arguing the point here, im over the moon as it puts my mind at rest if asked to come shooting on someone elses permission.

you need to make sure that the land you are intending to shoot over has been cleared. lots of land hasn't been cleared.

the bonus of an open ticket is that you get to make the decision.

I think different police forces have different rules, avon and somerest said to let them no .

Rules can only be requests unless its written on your cert. In law if it is passed it is Passed and closed cert users can shoot there, there is no need to tell the cops your shooting there unless its evidence for grant or renewal.

Rules can only be requests unless its written on your cert. In law if it is passed it is Passed and closed cert users can shoot there, there is no need to tell the cops your shooting there unless its evidence for grant or renewal.

I here what you are saying ,but its not good practice to **** of your issuing constabulary ,they could make things difficult for the future.

I here what you are saying ,but its not good practice to **** of your issuing constabulary ,they could make things difficult for the future.

You might think that way but its a fact known to many who get used to their ways (and those ways are statistical reductions in licence holders and amount of firearms in their area) that if you take it they give it out more and more ! Just my experiences, let them make up stuff and they do, give them an opening to say no and they will. I am not saying be rude or shirty, if its not written on your ticket as a special condition it needs to be in law

• 2 weeks later...