Breda M37 Heavy Machine Gun 8mm

Breda M37 Heavy Machine Gun

£699

8mm Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition beccles, Norfolk
Other, -, -, - barrels
Sdc12274 Sdc12276 Sdc12278

Description

This is a deactivated M37 Breda 8mm HMG in good condition. It is complete with its mount and an original case of 12 ammo trays. It is dated 1941. Cocks and dry fires, all adjustable, not a welded up lump. Seriously heavy. With deac certificate.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member rover. Message them here

This is my gun. I bought it in the late 90's as a pretty impressive front room ornament. It certainly was a talking point with visitors. A few years ago I got married, and it would seem that my machine gun 'doesn't go with the furniture' so sadly here it is for sale. The gun itself is marked 'ROMA 1941' and the tripod has a brass makers plate with the date 1938. It is a tray fed gun, and there is an original case of 12 trays with it, but I think it displays better with the belt, so that is included too. It is very large and heavy. The tripod is on it's lowest setting, and the longest measurements are, approx. 1500mm long, 550mm wide and 550mm tall. It is in pretty good nick bearing in mind it's age and that it has literally been through the wars. Well, the second world war anyway. As stated in the ad, it is not all welded up, it cocks, dry fires, adjusts, strips etc. sadly it doesn't fire bullets anymore, and I have the deactivation certificate to prove it. I can't find another one for sale, so it has to be a bargain. Also of course I would be secretly happy to keep it. Questions welcomed. Within reason, obviously. There are some pretty weird people about. Not to mention the sort of person who keeps a heavy machine gun in the front room.

Look nice with pointy bit pocking out through letter box.

Interesting gun shop in Beccles, I could spend hours in there given the chance, not a new gun in sight

Yeah, it's fun isn't it? - it's just a crazy tiny little shop with random bits of dusty guns everywhere. I know he's not popular with everyone, but he's the last of a dying breed and It'll be a shame once it's gone.

On a serious note here (no the wife won't let me have it either) my son and daughter are in a cadet unit which is based in bletchley park (world war 2 codebreaking place) they love stuff like this...... Its a parade night tomorrow, I will show this to the CO, any chance of a discount if it was going to be used to capture the imagination of the next generation?

On a serious note here (no the wife won't let me have it either) my son and daughter are in a cadet unit which is based in bletchley park (world war 2 codebreaking place) they love stuff like this...... Its a parade night tomorrow, I will show this to the CO, any chance of a discount if it was going to be used to capture the imagination of the next generation?

Blimey, I don't know, I have got a couple of people interested. See what the CO says and pm me tomorrow?

I will ask, as I say the whole place is a museum and the cadets use a few of the codebreaking huts as their "training ship" , they have some old large gun models already (cast off film relics from "u boat 571") if the cadet unit isn't interested I will ask him to ask the curator at bletchley park itself.