Cotswold Meet up 2014

malkiserow

Just to say a huge thanks to everyone to attended. Great weekend, great company from you all as usual and also the 3 new lads and the lass.

I hope the "old" ones can make it next year as you are missed. Good luck with the exams AckAck.

Some truly outstanding food and drink from a very generous group of people.

Now, who had my chilli special relish in the little pot.... I left it in the community "take what you want" area but I guess most passed this one up...!!!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It went Malc, I can't remember who had it, some poor unsuspecting individual is probably going to get that on their sarnies soon. To use an Ack Ack phrase, "hell's teeth"!! That was weapons grade chilli relish! I didn't see who took it. I was too busy filling a doggy-bag the size of a bin bag, full of artisan meat products and fine cheeses! Generous doesn't begin to describe it. A legendary bunch of blokes, thanks for your superb company all. the Crowman, Ack Ack, Hendersons you were all sorely missed this year, hope your work/studies are more forgiving next year and you get to join us once again.

A special thanks to Thunderbird and Fisherman Mike for doing all the organising leg work :drinks:

Edited by Blunderbuss

Heres to Mugler,

thank you kindly for the taster, it was blumming loverly. pity i couldn't try more but i was driving. Cheers Matey.

Colin. 2-3 fallow a week in season. a few roe and muties as well. hope your car is very economical for coming over and showing us how to butcher. the old brain cant store all the info so will need to be shown lots and lots. lol. i did like your sausage as well.......

Bob, what can i say. pork bits and spicy stick were most excellent. enjoyed them very much.

All the others it was good to catch up with some of the old ones and good to meet up and chat with some new faces. shame it was a short visit but no way is i sleeping anywhere near you lot after i saw the recycle bin full with empty bottles. You never know, i might surprise you all and stay longer than a few hours. then again...

Heres to Mugler,

thank you kindly for the taster, it was blumming loverly. pity i couldn't try more but i was driving. Cheers Matey.

Colin. 2-3 fallow a week in season. a few roe and muties as well. hope your car is very economical for coming over and showing us how to butcher. the old brain cant store all the info so will need to be shown lots and lots. lol. i did like your sausage as well.......

Bob, what can i say. pork bits and spicy stick were most excellent. enjoyed them very much.

All the others it was good to catch up with some of the old ones and good to meet up and chat with some new faces. shame it was a short visit but no way is i sleeping anywhere near you lot after i saw the recycle bin full with empty bottles. You never know, i might surprise you all and stay longer than a few hours. then again...

I found your shooting sticks by the fire this morning! Hope someone returns them to you soon.....

I had to leave early today so missed who has them now

It went Malc, I can't remember who had it, some poor unsuspecting individual is probably going to get that on their sarnies soon.

I know who has it ;)

Thanks everyone, like I said on my email I'm not going to name names but it was once again a truly outstanding event, and absolutely great to see the new faces :)

was a brilliant weekend some wonderful food but couldn't to get home and eat my pepper steak gingsters with chips and beans LOL

thanks again Duncan, and Mike for organising and for the invite loved every minute of it,

well except that long 2 minutes from 4am-4.02am where me and Bob had to stay up to become the new record holders of the latest to go bed (not together before someone says it)lol

colin

A great couple of days and nights with food beyond expectation.

Good to have some new faces and differing sexes.

The Badger debate was interesting, did Ma Baker really understand what Badger we were talking about, bless her :lol: .

I hope that all who were there this year will be there again next year, maybe we should T shirts with Mac Donald style stars on to signify how many events we have attended.

But as already stated "what goes on tour stays on tour"

You guys were so accommodating , had a great time and loved the food , thankyou Colin for the lift there and back , ( it was a bit of a squeeze) .

I loved every part of the venue especially staying up till the early hours with a couple of guys that really new how to treat a girl .

Mb

I think colinlad should have given us a little more warning, but it was nice good to have a bit of eye candy, apart from seeing Malcolm in his boxers first thing in the morning asking if anyone had seen his trousers!

malc in his boxers is an image that has scarred me for life

colin

I think colinlad should have given us a little more warning, but it was nice good to have a bit of eye candy, apart from seeing Malcolm in his boxers first thing in the morning asking if anyone had seen his trousers!

malc in his boxers is an image that has scarred me for life

colin

I offer no apologies for making you all feel inadequate .... Lol

I am, however, glad it was only the lads awake when I was searching for the lost garb.

I'm glad you all had a good time.

Sorry again I couldn't make it but I will be next year.

Sorry also to all those thathave messaged me I'm not meaning to ignore you and will be in contact as soon as I can find a couple of minutes whenI'm not asleep or at work.

What he said.

Gutted to have missed this year but unavoidable. Much Like Britain winning the eurovision, it will not happen again.

Good morning all, two questions:

1) where are the pics?

I didnt take any, but I believe there are a few knocking about

2)where is the thing?

It failed to show. I think it may still reside with a regular who couldnt make it this year. He only stayed away because he couldn't bear to be parted from it I heard. That or he's growing runner beans up it.

3) did de li-yan stay away?

Yes. De fi-ya was mighty.

That's three questions BTW!

Edited by Blunderbuss

AckAck, check your emails for pics and you will see De Fi Ya has an all weather cover now!

Keks on little red tractor that resides on the football pitch.

You were Sue so lucky to find them. Next year we will have to be a little more careful.

Before any rumours start Ma Baker is not my partner!

I have also noticed LeedsChimp has sent Ma Baker a welcome, "sniff sniff"

Edited by bakerboy