Game dealers near Witham in Essex

Zechk

Hi all,

So I'm aware of Ben Rigby Game in Maldon which is down the road from Witham, but I wondered if anyone knew of any other dealers in the area who were buying pigeons/rabbits/duck?

Ben Rigby are only paying 25p a bird for pigeon, so I wondered if anyone knew someone who could beat that and ideally anyone who collects?

Cheers in advance.

J

There was a bloke out Burnham way ,cant remember his name who would pick them up for 30p each (fresh). But turned out to be a bit of a messer in the end wouldn't pick them up and if he did would take ages to pay.still owes me and my mate for a load. So be wary if you hear of someone that way. Rigby is your best bet. I remember years ago the bloke in writtle used give cartridges for pigeons Raker they were called.

Took a 100 in over the weekend, phoned yesterday to redeem money in cartridges as I have taken a total of 228 since the start of April and been waiting to accumulate enough to pay for a slab to be told that they are not taking game at present. I am waiting for a call back.

No sign up on the chiller to say that they are not taking though.

UPDATE: Hides & Deeks are not taking pigeon until harvest time.

There is Hides and Deecs but that's a way off at Stansted. Respectable dealer and gun shop.

Edited by Penelope