Who's Where this week end???

webber

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic on Saturday for me which I am very much looking forward too, not only for the quality of the shoot but I am also on the same squad as George Digweed so I will get to see how it should be done.

Strange that, George has just posted this on his twitter account "I am on the same squad as Sian from PW so I will get to see how it should be done.

Shoot well this weekend Aunty L, and Sian :good:

Good luck the pair of you :good:

:shaun:

Thank you Willpoon.

Shaun4860 - we will both have our goals - him to take high gun and me not to come last :lol:

As long as you have done your best and more importantly, enjoyed it, then you will have done well :good:

Years ago I attended a George Digweed/Kent cartridges day,

100 bird sporting, he went round on various stands and gave instruction, had a natter and a laugh with all the shooters,

Came across as a really nice bloke,

I don't know what it's like to shoot competitively with him though

As long as you have done your best and more importantly, enjoyed it, then you will have done well :good:

Years ago I attended a George Digweed/Kent cartridges day,

100 bird sporting, he went round on various stands and gave instruction, had a natter and a laugh with all the shooters,

Came across as a really nice bloke,

I don't know what it's like to shoot competitively with him though

I get the impression he's a decent bloke, I tweeted him during the worlds and politely replied which was good of him.

There was an interview with Mrs Digweed during the worlds and she made a good point about people interrupting him as he's shooting. When he's shooting in competitions then he's working in his 'office' and people should allow him to get on with it as he has sponsors that he needs to keep happy, but he would happily have pictures etc after he's finished shooting which is more than fair.

Ho-hum pretty much as expected. 1st round, 1 stand , missed H, repeat - kill, L kill, Pair broke H 1st shot told I chipped L, pair again pair killed, after that my mind was more on the regs than the clays, rushing so I took 1st of pairs early enough so I didn't hit both............. brain totally fried by 4th round. Oddly enough I really enjoyed it.

Edited by Bryn12

14, 18, 18, 12 - 62. I'd sort of set myself a range 60 OK in the circumstances, 68 is what I'm averaging in practice just now so that would have been good.

An umbrella would have seen me blown over the high house and far, far away, it was pretty grim.

Had a great time at the Classic yesterday, score was rubbish but I really had fun. At least I achieved my goal of not coming last! My squad were great and I watched them shoot some excellent stands and even got some very helpful tips from George to help me improve.

Had a great time at the Classic yesterday, score was rubbish but I really had fun. At least I achieved my goal of not coming last! My squad were great and I watched them shoot some excellent stands and even got some very helpful tips from George to help me improve.

That's what it's all about

We got to shoot on the 11-00 squad and fortunatly the torrential downpour stopped as we got off the tractor trailer, Red course first, what brilliant targets and although I didn't set the world alight with a 47/75 I did enjoy the first half. I was led to believe that the blue course was slightly easier but I actually thought they were about the same.We were advised it was a 10 minute walk to the course, after struggling in slippy uphill conditions which took us 25 minutes we arrived fortunately on time but tired 'cause we were rushing.I was so exhausted at the end of the remaining stand ,I don't think I would have been physically able to shoot another stand. I finished with a very poor 41/75. 88 ex 150, not really up to par for me but again the targets were excellent.I have shot every Classic shoot over the last12 or so years and would say this was the worse one ,even worse than (Mold).Nothing to do with the targets, they were superb, but I know the rain is difficult to factor in but I saw lots of people have some quite nasty falls and slips in the treacherous underfoot conditions.None of the rest stations had any bottled water left even at 11-00 in the morning and the toilets I visited at least 4 of them and there were only 6 in total, none had any toilet paper in them.It's not too difficult to put some straw or chippings down on the uphill/ downhill sections and someone should have been checking the toilet facilities.This was not a cheap shoot £84 I think. and the customers need a bit of thought and respect. from Auntie.

CLASSIC REPORT.

Edited by 100milesaway

We got to shoot on the 11-00 squad and fortunatly the torrential downpour stopped as we got off the tractor trailer, Red course first, what brilliant targets and although I didn't set the world alight with a 47/75 I did enjoy the first half. I was led to believe that the blue course was slightly easier but I actually thought they were about the same.We were advised it was a 10 minute walk to the course, after struggling in slippy uphill conditions which took us 25 minutes we arrived fortunately on time but tired 'cause we were rushing.I was so exhausted at the end of the remaining stand ,I don't think I would have been physically able to shoot another stand. I finished with a very poor 41/75. 88 ex 150, not really up to par for me but again the targets were excellent.I have shot every Classic shoot over the last12 or so years and would say this was the worse one ,even worse than (Mold).Nothing to do with the targets, they were superb, but I know the rain is difficult to factor in but I saw lots of people have some quite nasty falls and slips in the treacherous underfoot conditions.None of the rest stations had any bottled water left even at 11-00 in the morning and the toilets I visited at least 4 of them and there were only 6 in total, none had any toilet paper in them.It's not too difficult to put some straw or chippings down on the uphill/ downhill sections and someone should have been checking the toilet facilities.This was not a cheap shoot £84 I think. and the customers need a bit of thought and respect. from Auntie.

CLASSIC REPORT.

Well said Lyn, If you come along to Marne on Sunday, you will be able to use the toilets because I have booked a clean this week :yahoo: Also, if its slippy you can risk a ride in the Golf Buggie with my dad LOL.

Hi Northern Gunner, It's such a shame when you see things like that at such a prestigeous shoot, there were almost 100 vets at the event and alot of them were really struggling, even the youngsters were sliding around. Lots of things could have been done to improve the situation but the basics needed addressing. See you on Wednesday. from Auntie.

Hi Northern Gunner, It's such a shame when you see things like that at such a prestigeous shoot, there were almost 100 vets at the event and alot of them were really struggling, even the youngsters were sliding around. Lots of things could have been done to improve the situation but the basics needed addressing. See you on Wednesday. from Auntie.

Too true Auntie,

Mainly when as you pointed out, the price of entry is so high. When the organisers go that little bit out of their way to look after their customers then that to me is what makes a shoot enjoyable, we all expect decent targets from such a prestigious event, but its the added on extras that make an event memorable for the right reasons.

See you on Wednesday and bring your friggin wellies and a bottle of water. :lol: