Best hide net on market

I use the 3 D nets available on Ebay, 4 metres is about £18 its tough as old boots, I've pulled it out of thorns and brambles and it holds up well, I've got two main ones , one is brown one side and dark green the other, the second is multi coloured greens and very bright summer colours, so if I'm on plough its brown outside, in the hedge winter dark green or summer bright colours, works for me, I also have a length of ghost net which I use as a roof or across behind me , its ok and you can see through it but I wouldn't want to rely just on the ghost, but I am a firm believer in using natural cover, I will spend time adding layers to the hide of branches, tall weeds or straw bunches in an attempt to completely blend in, that way they will come and land at your feet, with my aim and eyesight thats very necessary , don't be tempted to buy less than 4 metres, by the time you have your seat, bag, ammo bag, gun and coat inside you need plenty of room, I also have two different pole heights, one set for standing and one for sitting, sitting at my age is very desirable, lying down is even better, :lol::lol:

Edited by lakeside1000

For me the best all round net is the 2 ply stealth net. Concealment is very good, it's lightweight, it folds down extremely small and the fine mesh on the inside stops getting the gun tangled.

I don't think there is another net on the market that gives you all these features in one package. Army nets can be sparse and very bulky.

Though lots of companies sell them, the quality difference is massive, I've seen so many fall to pieces within a year. Mine has had loads of use for over 5 years, it's been caught in thorns and brambles, and doesn't have any holes rips or tears. Personally I would only ever buy these from Paul Hart.

I use the 3 D nets available on Ebay, 4 metres is about £18 its tough as old boots, I've pulled it out of thorns and brambles and it holds up well, I've got two main ones , one is brown one side and dark green the other, the second is multi coloured greens and very bright summer colours, so if I'm on plough its brown outside, in the hedge winter dark green or summer bright colours, works for me, I also have a length of ghost net which I use as a roof or across behind me , its ok and you can see through it but I wouldn't want to rely just on the ghost, but I am a firm believer in using natural cover, I will spend time adding layers to the hide of branches, tall weeds or straw bunches in an attempt to completely blend in, that way they will come and land at your feet, with my aim and eyesight thats very necessary , don't be tempted to buy less than 4 metres, by the time you have your seat, bag, ammo bag, gun and coat inside you need plenty of room, I also have two different pole heights, one set for standing and one for sitting, sitting at my age is very desirable, lying down is even better, :lol::lol:

And I am a firm believer that is isn't necessary to use natural cover. It is very rare that I bother using any.

Edited by motty

I bought the 2 ply stealth and use a army camo over the top of it because the stealth on its own is rubbish as u can see straight through it!!!! I was very disappointed when I first used it and if I hadn't of got it dirty I would of sent it straight back

I bought the 2 ply stealth and use a army camo over the top of it because the stealth on its own is rubbish as u can see straight through it!!!! I was very disappointed when I first used it and if I hadn't of got it dirty I would of sent it straight back

Perhaps you bought a poor copy of the stealth net. Though I usually use two or more stealth nets (for a fully surrounding hide), I have used just one on it's own and shot big bags of pigeon.

Perhaps you bought a poor copy of the stealth net. Though I usually use two or more stealth nets (for a fully surrounding hide), I have used just one on it's own and shot big bags of pigeon.

Not to sure if its a copy or not but it cost £35 but all was not lost because doubled up with the army camo net it makes a good hide

I normally use 2 but yesterday i only used 1 and shot 95 crows i was shooting with kdubya set up at the back of the buildings where the blackies come in for the cattle meal..

I think 2 is even better than army net if only for the lightness if you are carrying it around..

• 2 weeks later...

The lighter the better these , use a steath net front and back , with camoreal draped over in front. best of all just keep still . it works and all fit ok into my net bag. chuck it in the back of the truck and makes a great cushion for a power nap. older shooters will understand the need of that

I use a 3 ply stealth net and it seems to do OK for me. I can see through it and it is plenty large enough to make a hide big enough to accomodate two shooters if need be but it is not too see through from the outside as long as it is set up against a hedge or dry stone wall. I believe that this is the key to whatever net you choose, your net hide really needs to be built with something offering a descent background (Like a fairly thick hedge or a wall) immediately behind it. If need be I have a camo plastic tarpaulin that I can line the inside of my net hide with if the hedge behind me is a bit on the thin side.

Mine is a 5 meter one which I got for £25.00 (Collected) brand new from a "shooting supplies dealer" near Bury who advertises on that well known auction site. I will not mention his name as it could be against forum rules as he would be classed as "in direct competition with the site sponsors" who I believe do a very good stealth net and hide package!

As has already been said, the thing to watch is what quality the net is as I believe that there are some pretty poor copies of "stealth nets" about, I was lucky in the fact that mine is quite a good copy!

• 1 month later...

I use the realtree nets from deben with stealth net inside. Can't remember patterns but have darker one for summer (think it's hardwoods green) and lighter one for winter. Had for several years now and lasting well. I just cable tie the stealth net inside. Ex army ok if you don't carry far and if they get wet they really hold the water and smell more if you can't dry them.