Beginner ground/lessons in sussex

HDAV

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Sussex (horsham way) for a beginner. Was chatting to a friends brother at a BBQ who is interested in going shooting as he lives near horsham its a bit to far from me and dont really know anywhere round there.

Looking for somewhere with reasonable tuition/ have go facilities that doesn't cost the earth.

Southdown is good for lessons and I think they do a deal for three or five or something, I had a lesson there when I started and the guy was very good, the facility's are excellent for beginners, just don't do what I did and have one lesson then jump straight onto the sporting layout as that is defiantly not for beginners.

As for prices have a look at there web site.?

I am probably a little biased but the quality of coaching and facilities at Bisley are extremly good, probably worth any extra money (although I think you will find it's not as expensive as you think).

I worked there for 5 years as groundstaff, and I have seen a few different grounds all over the country and none have been quite as good for range and type of targets.

That said, southdown are also very good. I can recommend a coach if you are interested.

I am probably a little biased but the quality of coaching and facilities at Bisley are extremly good, probably worth any extra money (although I think you will find it's not as expensive as you think).

I worked there for 5 years as groundstaff, and I have seen a few different grounds all over the country and none have been quite as good for range and type of targets.

That said, southdown are also very good. I can recommend a coach if you are interested.

NCSC or the sporting layout?

Ok so went to Southdown yesterday for practice, totally forgot to ask about your lessons so emailed them and this is the pasted reply.....

We currently offer one hour lessons for £72.00 however at member's rates

they are £65.00 and that includes the cartridges that are used whilst the

lesson is underway. I believe if you purchase 5 lessons, the sixth one will

be free.

• 2 weeks later...

Southdown is closer but the mile and a half up the access track is unkind to most family cars.

Northall is open Wednesdays and alternate Fridays ( this friday ) and Saturdays ( saturday 12th ) and is a bit more relaxed and not quite so 'corporate'.

If he gets involved with the sport he has Southdown, Northall, Hickstead, Horne, Bisley and a few strawbalers all within about 20 miles or so!

If your mate wants to visit Northall I'd be happy to introduce him to the ground on Saturday 12th.

I believe an hour including clays, gun, cartridges and tuition is £74.

Edited by Nimbusgb