CLA game fair or unfair?

12boreblue

I like to go to various game/country fairs for the day out and to watch the sideshows.these days there are no real bargains to be had at any of them as has been said on here and I have done it myself seen something at the fair then stopped in at my local rfd on route home and saved a good bit on the same item.the price of the pitch means they cannot sell cheap my rfd gave up doing fairs as the last one he did was the shooting show a few years ago and he needed to sell around forty guns just to pay for the stand and on top of that close his shop for a couple of days or get in extra staff at extra cost.they are a good day out there is no doubt of this but not cheap for the family man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmmm.....

bought a friday ticket £27, booked hotel / B&B for thursday night locally £60 so the total is £87 for a days show

Not cheap, but its my first time there, so I wait with baited breath

Any suggestions for a 'show newbie'

will take a 'M&S' lunch in, hate the boiled burger type food :lol:

neill

You all moan about the cost, but the thing that puts me off is actually how busy they are! The Midland especially - you can hardly move by the middle of the day.

I say triple the entrance fee and remove the riff raff ;)

(I suspect that is one reason the CLA costs more on day one, just maybe not enough more!)

I cannot understand why it should be more expensive to visit on the friday !

I would love to know!!!

My guess would be that they get less through the door on Friday due to people having work and so up the price to cover the decrease. Only a guess based upon my mate saying less people go on the Friday.

Edited by OJW

Even though Friday looks **** rain wise my good nature finally got rewarded.

I am going with the old boy I regularly shoot with but as we had a spare seat my Air Rifle club chairman asked if he could come as well if he could land a ticket. I said no problems just let me know and I will pick you up. He then said "great stuff I will make sure I bring my Blue Badge" (he suffers badly from arthritis) so looks like we will be parking close this year :).