Cabelas waders

fendrover90

I HAD A PAIR THAT SPLIT IN THE SECOND SEASON ALSO , BUT I KNEEL DOWN ALOT CAUSING MY TOES TO SCRUNCH THE BOOTS UP. GREAT WADER THO MAKE SURE YOU DONT LET THE INSIDES OF YOUR KNEES RUB ALSO AS THEY WILL LEAK . IM NOW TRYING BREATHABLE ONES FROM CABELAS WICH I MUCH PREFER ALOT EASIER TO WALK IN AND THE BOOTS ARE ONLY 600 AND STILL DIDNT GET COLD FEET. DONE ONE SEASON AND LOOK OK NOT MUCH SIGNS OF WARE, HOPFULLY THEY WILL LAST A FEW MORE. ALL THE BEST

Anthony, do you have the model name and number for these please?

I HAD A PAIR THAT SPLIT IN THE SECOND SEASON ALSO , BUT I KNEEL DOWN ALOT CAUSING MY TOES TO SCRUNCH THE BOOTS UP. GREAT WADER THO MAKE SURE YOU DONT LET THE INSIDES OF YOUR KNEES RUB ALSO AS THEY WILL LEAK . IM NOW TRYING BREATHABLE ONES FROM CABELAS WICH I MUCH PREFER ALOT EASIER TO WALK IN AND THE BOOTS ARE ONLY 600 AND STILL DIDNT GET COLD FEET. DONE ONE SEASON AND LOOK OK NOT MUCH SIGNS OF WARE, HOPFULLY THEY WILL LAST A FEW MORE. ALL THE BEST

I have the warm neo ones (cracked towards end of second season) well cared for cleaned and conditioned even, they are still in operation with lots of aquasure across the crack. Cabalas breathable lasted just one season before the boots practically fell in bits.

Frankly I doubt I will buy any more, once you pay potage and tax they become dear. Going to go Vass this season I think (they are the people who made for ocean) only they make them thicker with better boots for their own retail and you can get thermally lined. Saltwater kills waders, most Yanks shoot duck in fresh water marshes - big difference and to be fair they don't get out and shoot as much as some of us guys in the UK

Vass do a removable thermal lining for wellies and thigh boots.

http://www.vassrainwear.co.uk/vass-winter-boot-lining-p-270.html

I have the warm neo ones (cracked towards end of second season) well cared for cleaned and conditioned even, they are still in operation with lots of aquasure across the crack. Cabalas breathable lasted just one season before the boots practically fell in bits.
Frankly I doubt I will buy any more, once you pay potage and tax they become dear. Going to go Vass this season I think (they are the people who made for ocean) only they make them thicker with better boots for their own retail and you can get thermally lined. Saltwater kills waders, most Yanks shoot duck in fresh water marshes - big difference and to be fair they don't get out and shoot as much as some of us guys in the UK

thats interesting I thought I'd give the cabelas a go they seem warm and comfy anyway like anything else you don't know til you give them a punt

Anthony, do you have the model name and number for these please?

Cabelas dry plus breathable wader i think they are called penelope i'll check tomorrow. they really have been excellent last season i dont think i'll be going back to neo. Much lighter , more comfy and drier hence warmer but you do have to wear thermal pants when it get really cold, but thats how they are desighned as you dont sweat as much as in neo waders.Ken do you know anyone that wears vass, i have never seen them in the flesh but they do look like you'd be dripping in sweat if you had to walk anywhere being pvc.

Anthonychez ,,,Hello hows you ???? As to waders the Cabelars DRY PLUS WAIST HIGH ( I dont like chest waders as I dont go that deep in water !!!! also dont want to half strip just for a pee ) are the buiss ,I also have pair of Cabelas neros but they dont half make you sweat if a long walk is needed !!! ..I am on my third pair of dry-plus now over 12 years so not bad they will get caughty on barbed wire so watch it as the tops are so lightweight even thorn bushes are a risk ,but thats what makes em sweat free !! when shooting washes in full flood use the neros ( Neropeanes ) as its all boat work and no walking as such but when waderbull use the Plus also on my bit of coast nearly always use the Plus as so commfortbull they seem tall and baggy but you need that to kneel and sit down ease ..As i am a warm person except for fingers in depths of winter !! I find them fine and can be out all day in them and only were a normal pair of jeans under ,no thermals for me yet !!!!!..mind you once or twice I have noted cooler legs ,but better than damp cold sweaty legs !!!!!! ..They are expensive but you need to swap a bottle with some one going stateside and then order them by card and phone to be delivered to your friends holiday apartment and they bring home as personel gift ( No Tax )

Another great point is that the boot part is just so warm hardley ever get cold feet and dont overdo the socks as boots are warm I will find my complaint to Cabelars a year or two back about them making the waders with the leg seam on inside and it rubbed when walking breaking down the seam and then leaking ,,They LISTEND ! and my latest pair the seam is on outside of leg !!!

Dry Plus
Date:January 9, 2010
These waders are my favorite I have ever owned. I am on my third pair. They are lightweight, comfortable and easy to move in. I hike long distances to get to my favorite spots and these waders are very easy to walk in. My only downside I would offer is: On my each pair of these waders I wore the inside of the knees because they rubb together when I walk and they started to leak. But they lasted two seasons before they wore out. I hunt approx 30 - 40 days per season, so most people probably could get them to last longer."
This is a big problem as my friends both have a pair and they have done the same .
As they are baggy,they rub by the knee on the INSIDE seam !!! This then breaks down the Gore-Tex lining and they get a hole running up the side of the Seam..
I think it can be solved by having the SEAM on THE OUTSIDE of the LEG and not on the inside ,, another make of waders has the SEAM on the OUTSIDE and they do not have a problem.. !!!!
Other than that we here in the UK think they are great >>>>>

Also I dont work for cabelars and dont have any shares in the company either !!!!!!

Cabelas dry plus breathable wader i think they are called penelope i'll check tomorrow. they really have been excellent last season i dont think i'll be going back to neo. Much lighter , more comfy and drier hence warmer but you do have to wear thermal pants when it get really cold, but thats how they are desighned as you dont sweat as much as in neo waders.Ken do you know anyone that wears vass, i have never seen them in the flesh but they do look like you'd be dripping in sweat if you had to walk anywhere being pvc.

They are equal to neo for the sweatiness, though they tend to fit less close to the upper body so they let heat out better if you don't put a belt on. I no longer wear chesties if I am walking a way now- I wear thigh waders cooler, easier to take a leak (which means I can drink more hot coffee) also cheaper to replace when you wear the boots out. Anyone who has worn Ocean (very popular with shore anglers) has worn lower grade Vass. I don't have vass yet but I have worn Oceans in the past, its what I intend to get for next season the sea anglers are raving about them and you can even order special extra heavy duty commercial ones. The longest lasting chesties I ever got and also the ones with the best boots were Red Ball brand PVC with a cloth covering and I wore them for years and only chucked them when I put a hole in the boot with some sea buckthorn.

Waders are working out at over £100 a year and a lot of faff looking after them and I no longer feel that represents any kind of value, I have some great waders for fly fishing (simms but they do seem to only wear lightly in that use) Wildfowling however just kills waders

• 3 weeks later...

I have just ordered a pair of the cabelas stoking foot chest waders. Does anyone know of a good boot to go with them..

I know of no good boots for stocking foot waders in use for Wildfowling. Personally I wouldn't wear them, for one thing how do you remove them from deep mud or sinking sand? Korkers are good wading boots for fishing but some of the soles can come slightly adrift if you swapping, the Ski boot tensioners are great though

Likewise nothing more than a welly type boot when dealing with estuarine mud.

I know of no good boots for stocking foot waders in use for Wildfowling. Personally I wouldn't wear them, for one thing how do you remove them from deep mud or sinking sand? Korkers are good wading boots for fishing but some of the soles can come slightly adrift if you swapping, the Ski boot tensioners are great though