chairman of BASC

LONERANGER

Are some of you really that insecure?

EW, I rather hoped we wouldn't resort to those type of statements, to the best of my knowledge I haven't insulted anybody and we certainly haven't stolen anything. I understand feelings are running high in some quarters, but please remember the old legal advice. Never put on paper something you may have to explain in the future unless you have the evidence to support it.

Bit prickly for you that was I think, thanks foe the advice but seeing my nephew works as a London based barrister i'll use him but thanks anyway give Alan Jarrett my kind regards.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so much hysteria over a PO box address. I'm sure AJ will be judged on his actions as BASC chairman when we see the results in the coming months. Good or bad he will find it hard to hide from such a lofty position.

Very true Terry, he might have been put on that pedastool for a reason unknown to him, easy to take a shoot at him from there.

No threats gentleman, just an attempt to get the tone at a more desirable level, I don't know anyone who relishes being termed a thief, but I guess if your having trouble winning the argument it's alright to resort to insults. I just wasn't bought up that way.

I have been following this thread out of interest.

It just goes to show that there are ways and there are means and for those who have less scruples there are more ways and more means.

Could not Kent Wildfowlers help others under their own clubs name, or is philanthropy a virtue too far for the keen wildfowler.

Not the way I have been brought up either - only where helping is a virtue and a precious gift.

I have been following this thread out of interest.

It just goes to show that there are ways and there are means and for those who have less scruples there are more ways and more means.

Could not Kent Wildfowlers help others under their own clubs name, or is philanthropy a virtue too far for the keen wildfowler.

Not the way I have been brought up either - only where helping is a virtue and a precious gift.

Well you had a good honest upbringing, were sharing was important to people not greed that consumes everyone and everything around them, something Kent could learn from.

EW, you and others absolutely astound me. KWCA must have one of the most open and inclusive attitudes to Wildfowling in the Country, where it matters not if you are the newest of recruits or the highest officer of the club, you both can shoot any of the club marshes under a permit scheme that's both transparent and fair. Could any reasonable person argue with that mindset.

EW, you and others absolutely astound me. KWCA must have one of the most open and inclusive attitudes to Wildfowling in the Country, where it matters not if you are the newest of recruits or the highest officer of the club, you both can shoot any of the club marshes under a permit scheme that's both transparent and fair. Could any reasonable person argue with that mindset.

Just listen to you, I astound you yes and only you. The truth is its you and your like that astound people riding roughshod over anyone to gain what you think is your god given right to take never mind who you upset on the way, that's what comes of becoming commercial.

Judging by the amount of people viewing this thread, and the much smaller number actually commenting (on both sides), I doubt very much if it's just me. On this thread and the Brancaster one I have listened to some genuine comments and an awful lot of selfish rhetoric. The fact is some people are sitting pretty and don't care about anything other than their own interest. KWCA care about the future and recognise the power of numbers. Yes we talk a lot and hope people will listen and join us, but also and importantly we do a lot, and believe me, there's much more to come.

DNT

It would be acceptable to many if it was BASC purchasing the likes of thornham marsh under the proposed land purchases

But not another club bidding way above just to get it

I was a member of KWA many years ago but moved on for many reasons and now belong to a great club

I know you would not divulge club information but it would be interesting to see how many took day permits how many shots were fired and the bag return for thornham marsh for the two seasons

Donkey

DNT

It would be acceptable to many if it was BASC purchasing the likes of thornham marsh under the proposed land purchases

But not another club bidding way above just to get it

I was a member of KWA many years ago but moved on for many reasons and now belong to a great club

I know you would not divulge club information but it would be interesting to see how many took day permits how many shots were fired and the bag return for thornham marsh for the two seasons

Donkey

Hi Donkey, please don't forget that there was and still is no option for BASC to have purchased Thornham, also we were not the highest bidder and although the owner was very keen on our management plans, we had to be somewhere near the figures he had been advised on values. On the point of use, Thotrnham was reasonably well used and I think most people shot a bird or two. Of course some so called locals would claim we shot the place to bits. We all know that's not true. I'm pleased you have continued your Wildfowling, although you don't say where. Good luck to you this coming season.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been following this thread and it seems to me the landowner has sold the land to the person he thinks if the most responsible for the long term gain of the ground and surely selling it to a wildfowling club where you can still pay to go and shoot is better than the rspb getting hold of it !!! it seems to me people have been shooting it for years on a shoestring unfortunately real life isn't like that anymore you have to pay for quality shooting im a wildfowler myself for over 25 years but the days of wandering out on the marsh free of charge has gone ,im sure the landowner would have offered the local wildfowling club the opportunity to purchase the land if they couldnt meet the terms thats just business im afraid. im sure you all sell your houses for nothing !!

The land owner has not sold the land to the club but rented it to them for 10 years for I believe £100,000. And Wildfowler1 the days for wandering out on a marsh have not gone ( until last year I had a great little rough shoot as thanks from the farmer for a favour but the farm was sold last year to new owners who shoot and I have been offered other bits of shooting for the cost of a bottle of the hard stuff ) , but it will go if this club persists in its anti social grabing of wildfowling. rights when ever it suits their " busness plan " to quote their chairman.

Edited by anser2

Is it not a case of, if he cant get BASC to buy land for wildfowling, he will do it with his club?

Unfortunately BASC is a national organisation and the same cannot yet be said of KENT wildfowlers.

We have had an exchange of views about this very topic somewhere on here.