Badger, badger, badger.....

BountyHunter

No, he was in the Royal Engineers He was involved in keeping the powered barges going and taking as much supplies and ammunition up to the troops up front and as far as could be got. to a point where it could be carried on mules etc. God only knows how bad it was for some of the troops. It was bad enough for farther. He went out a newly married fit young man and came back after the war a wreck that blighted the rest of his life. As a result of the terrible conditions out there and the lack of medical support He suffered from malaria, dysentery, skin sores and psychological problems due to the things that he saw and was subjected to out there. War isn't nice.

Before he went to join up he worked in a small village factory churning out sten guns. I still have a small gas brazing torch that he made to braze parts together. I wish that I could go back and talk to him more about his time out there but he is gone and so are the memories.