Ridgeline pintail smock

fenboy

Anyone use a ridgeline pintail smock on the foreshore.

I am after a new jacket for fowling this year , needs to be lightweight , waterproof and breathable and not silly money .

The above seems to tick all those boxes .

Also if anyone has one how do they come up size wise as I am likely going to have to order over the internet before trying for size.

This will be interesting was looking at them myself, for on the marsh like the front cargo pocket to keep cartridges out of the water,what colour was you thinking they do green or brown I believe. I know a couple of full time keepers that use them and think they are great well weather proof

This will be interesting was looking at them myself, for on the marsh like the front cargo pocket to keep cartridges out of the water,what colour was you thinking they do green or brown I believe. I know a couple of full time keepers that use them and think they are great well weather proof

They do it in olive or teak , I would go for the teak for on the marsh I guess.

Personally i would not use a smock on the shore. When you get right in the **** and get coated in the stuff, when you lift a smock off over your head you'll most likely end up with it all over the back of your head and whatever else you are wearing!

Looks a good bit of kit though

I have one used it all last season not the warmest of jackets in the cold .. I got the next size up so I could ad a extra jumper .. Very light weight.. When folded up it fits in the side pocked of my ruck sack .. Stood up to the rain .. It also has a nice large front pocket which is very handy .. Is it worth its money .. I would have to say yes ..

Personally i would not use a smock on the shore. When you get right in the **** and get coated in the stuff, when you lift a smock off over your head you'll most likely end up with it all over the back of your head and whatever else you are wearing!

I do not spend as much time falling in mud as you :whistling:

I want a smock as less zips and seams tend to mean less things to break or leak.

Isn't getting covered in mud half the fun of going Wildfowling lol ..

I use to have the longshoremen smock many moons ago and loved it .. I did look for another last year before I went with the pintail smock ...

I have one used it all last season not the warmest of jackets in the cold .. I got the next size up so I could ad a extra jumper .. Very light weight.. When folded up it fits in the side pocked of my ruck sack .. Stood up to the rain .. It also has a nice large front pocket which is very handy .. Is it worth its money .. I would have to say yes ..

Ok thanks for the info , I knew it would not be the warmest , I intended to get a bigger size and wear a fleece under it for the winter .

The fact that it packs away into itself is handy for those long walks .

I think if it might be the goose magnet yours is I will take the plunge and get one !

I have come to the conclusion that 99% of clothing sold for fowling is over hyped over priced rubbish. If its to dear to chuck away at the end of a single season and I cant put it through the washer or hose it off weekly its not getting bought.

• 1 month later...

Yes I have had it a while.

Looks good , two good hand pockets , and a large pocket on the chest , the design allows the whole jacket to be stuffed and zipped into the chest pocket so go in a rucksack etc .

I have not used it in anger yet so can not review how weatherproof it will be , but the reports I have heard have all been good .

They do come up small and you would definately need asize bigger to allow extra clothing underneath, on its own it would not be warm enough but I prefer layers and intend to wear a fleece under it on the coldest days.

Cheapest I found was on ebay at 74.99 delivered.