CZ Shotguns.

owo1-man

Everyone raves about the CZ .22lr and .17 hmr which are available in all shapes and good prices here in the UK, but what about their Shotguns, read some very good reports but cannot see anything for sale in the UK, are there any outlet's in the UK or is there no call for them, could they be imported as a one off ?

The s/s CZ guns are simple sidelocks (i.e. no intercepting sear safety) driven by coil springs. There were three versions AFAIK. One with plain sideplates & beech stock, one with plain sideplates & walnut stock & one with engraving &walnut stock. Barrels were 27 1/2" with Southgate ejectors. All were similar to low-end AYA pricing.

I have two: a plain walnut stocked version that I bought because I liked the look & it was heavily cast off which suits my wide shoulders/no neck build! The barrels are excellent with absolute mirror finish tubes, the engineering build is excellent, the stock has a nice roach belly... but mine was too barrel heavy for my liking. I drilled under the buttplate &added an ounce or two of lead which has left a fairly heavy gun, but I've managed it for 20 years or so!

I was also give n (following a bereavement) a second one with a beech stock . I use this as a gun to chuck in the old Niva I use as a swamp buggy on my little marsh

Check out cz usa online, there is a decent range of guns available. The UK is too small a market as far as guns and ammo go, compared to the usa, euro and southern hemisphere. Cz are a massive arms manufacturer, making many types of weapons from the little 22LR upwards, rifles, pistols and shotguns..... all very well made. I seriously doubt they get the turks to do much, why.... they have their own massive tooling plant.

I have one of their o/u shotguns, a zkk302, & 2sets of barrels. They make double rifle barrels for the same action too, hence the unusual double trigger set up. In a former life, I had several CZ rifles, and a couple of nice automatic pistols. They do alot of military stuff too. Enough waffling, check out cz usa.....I also would like to have availability here too!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...