Recoil... Ongoing issues

HDAV

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like chiropractors they have sorted out my back and neck issues.

My farther had a serious back issue with collapsed discs and vertebra from rugby that gave up after years, left him unable to walk or feel any of his left leg. The surgeons couldn't operate to close the the signal cord, 3 months of intensive chiropractor work he could walk again couple with acupuntor he can feel his left leg but not foot, straighten it all up enough the 12 months later the surgeons could operate.

I have great faith in them hurts a bit but pain is just weakness leaving the body according to my old PTI

Have a session of sports massage and if that helps you've got some sort of neck issue. Do not see a chiropractor what ever you do.

Had that a few months ago, and it did help. Only now have realised that shooting is probably the cause, 1-2 days after shooting i get the pain earlier today even thinking about mounting the gun made me wince.

i have no issue while shooting, or immediately after its only 1-2 days, in the past i had put it down to having slept "funny" and other sorted bits but now it makes sense...

I know it's off topic but I was about to use a magic maker on a isis ... problem avoided.

What about that silicone tape that stretches and sticks to itself .. Not sticky, smooth and in a c hoice of colour?

I know it's off topic but I was about to use a magic maker on a isis ... problem avoided.

What about that silicone tape that stretches and sticks to itself .. Not sticky, smooth and in a c hoice of colour?

Mine was blacked in by gunsmith on the sporter I haven't noticed any rub off but my vest has a black patch on the shoulder. Edited by HDAV

Well just been to Oesteopath and basically given a clean bill of health, a slight thing in the neck and i got manipulated but nothing untoward, explained about shooting and he seemed quite interested (he has never tried shooting).

So now to try the other options...

Had a good chat with david at Recoil systems earlier. first port of call will be an Xpad on the gun it think.

Edited by HDAV

Well just been to Oesteopath and basically given a clean bill of health, a slight thing in the neck and i got manipulated but nothing untoward, explained about shooting and he seemed quite interested (he has never tried shooting).

So now to try the other options...

Had a good chat with david at Recoil systems earlier. first port of call will be an Xpad on the gun it think.

hmm having spoken to david at recoil systems it seems LOP may be part of the issue, but there is much bigger difference than i thought!

Anyone know of a thick recoil pad 35mm+ the isis Xpad is only 29mm for the adjustable and after measuring my guns its looks like i would need a 35 ish mm thick pad to get the trap gun to the same LOP.

Kick eez seem to be 29mm cant find dims on trapdude site, any others? or is it an Xpad and spacer?

• 3 months later...

Just to update anyone who gives a rats *** I had an adjustable Xpad fitted, took me a while to get used to it scores did dip but gun does fit better now. Shot 75 28g olympic blues on sunday and neck is fine I may well go back to 24g just as i quite like them but the Xpad does the job, took me longer to get used to it than i thought and the gun fits me better now.

Only side effect perhaps due to the thickness or the 2 materials but i have had the blacking on the pad come off.onto my shirt..... managed to get it out of the shirt! Anyway happy with the results.