10 Bore

BellySlater

You can buy new primed cases and just do an roll turnover finish on them which is as cheap as you are going to get.

If you want to crimp then you are going to spend a few bob to say the least.

I do have an as new Pacific DL155 10 bore press but you are looking at £150 for the press (do have some wads to go with it).

Occassionally an old Mec 600 in 10 bore comes up for around £120 but they are usually snapped up quickly.

A gaep roll turn over tool would be my favoured purchase - Brass are £29 and stainless steel are £39

see www.gaeprelaoding.com

Regards

Graham

It all comes down to one fact, how many shots you have a season if its only 50 or so ten don't bother it will cost you more money than you save.

well spoken, and good "common sense / advice"!!....reloading is fun and quite interesting but if like "Muncher" asks;...do you expect to fire more than 50 shots and you may not, you will be better off buying shells, as with reloading you tend to get carried away and at one loading session, you can produce enough shells to last 2/3 seasons +...buy the bare minimum and get them fired!!...or like most of us reloaders, you'll become a collector of..."Rusty cartridges"!!!!!!!

best wishes...Dale.

well spoken, and good "common sense / advice"!!....reloading is fun and quite interesting but if like "Muncher" asks;...do you expect to fire more than 50 shots and you may not, you will be better off buying shells, as with reloading you tend to get carried away and at one loading session, you can produce enough shells to last 2/3 seasons +...buy the bare minimum and get them fired!!...or like most of us reloaders, you'll become a collector of..."Rusty cartridges"!!!!!!!

best wishes...Dale.

A very good point...... I have just short of 1000 non toxic shells loaded - bismuth, Hevishot, ITM, ITX and steel.......

best wishes...Dale.

This is also the reason I load, I am more likely to load ten on the kitchen table then use them than I am to buy 250+ and use then in a full season. I have 12 bore shells that might be a decade old and I think every fowler ends up with a box or bucket full of suspect looking shells set aside to use up on the crows and the like.

Availibilty when you need it is my primary reason to handload for the ten, secondary its getting what you want rather than what the shop has. I tend to use BBB or AM number 2 steel, often all the shops have in stock is BB. I have also stockpiled Aliant steel powder, shot and SAM1 wads etc.