Worst clay session ever!

Munzy

Long story short, I've been shooting clays for just over six months and getting progressively better. I love it, it's a chance to have some outside time with friends and I enjoy the challenge.

Today I ventured out and had a terrible round. I mean AWFUL! I shot better my first time with a shotgun as a 16 year old! Some stands I hit 9/10 on last week I hit zeros on! It was just as if someone had bent my barrels or adjusted my eyes somehow!

Someone make me feel better! We all have our off days right?!

Been clay shooitng for a couple of years and can hit targets coming towards me and going away and most Left to right etc, but struggle with loopers and distant targets. Don't have a clue where to point the gun. Need some tuition but it's finding the time.

At 52, I think I was a bit old taking up the sport but I enjoy it, most weeks any how. Also eye sight and reaction times not as good asthey were.

We all have them now and again, my last one was my first go at FITASC and registered so my first registered score with cpsa is a absolute howler at 44ex100.

If your having a bad days shooting it might as well be really bad :lol: suck it up and don't think about it next time or you will ruin your next outing. Best advice for me is shoot each stand as its own little comp and forget about the bad stands.

Figgy

Hi

Every one has a bad day

Just relax and enjoy the next target

How to feel better

Join a squad of bad shots

Use a borrowed gun

New sun/safety glasses

Different cartridges

Change chokes

All good reasons to miss

Lessons are a good idea though

And to be honest you proberably feel better than someone who scored less

Anyway just trying to make you feel better

Anyone know a squad of carp shots to make my score look good 😗

All the best and keep smiling

Of

Long story short, I've been shooting clays for just over six months and getting progressively better. I love it, it's a chance to have some outside time with friends and I enjoy the challenge.

Today I ventured out and had a terrible round. I mean AWFUL! I shot better my first time with a shotgun as a 16 year old! Some stands I hit 9/10 on last week I hit zeros on! It was just as if someone had bent my barrels or adjusted my eyes somehow!

Yes we all have bad days , not that bad though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have been shooting clays for 18 months & seem to be getting progressively worse even after lessons!! getting rid of a hardly used 686e i bought at the end of last year because i shoot worse with that than my old rizzini or cheap pump. like lexikia i cannot hit loopers or distant clays.

Been clay shooitng for a couple of years and can hit targets coming towards me and going away and most Left to right etc, but struggle with loopers and distant targets. Don't have a clue where to point the gun. Need some tuition but it's finding the time.

At 52, I think I was a bit old taking up the sport but I enjoy it, most weeks any how. Also eye sight and reaction times not as good asthey were.

Hey, you think you have problems at 52, wait until another 20 years have passed and the aches and pains have DOUBLED. I am loathe to do 'Forum Coaching' but will offer some advice. With loopers and I am talking straight left/right or right/left face on (not quartering away or inwards) targets, try and imagine a clockface for a right/left you should be shooting at 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock for a left/right. Try it and see. I am a bit reluctant to use this analogy as I once told a guy "shoot at 4 o'clock" they had to forcibly remove him at 3.30pm. so that they could close the ground ! Keep plugging away, of course, you could MAKE time for that lesson.

**** happens to everyone the difference is how you deal with it. You can either sit around feeling sorry for yourself and give up or think '**** it !! I'm not standing for that kind of ****' and go out and work on the targets you struggle with, ideally with some guidance from a coach. I'd also recommend Daf (welshwarrior).

Guest cookoff013

hey,

6 months is nothing.

ignore the result, just have fun. this is only one result. if it was consistent over a longer period,you` d maybe think alittle more about it.

When something similar happened to me many years ago I made the mistake of complaining to a fellow shooter, who was at that time having a much better day than myself.

He said “I think that it is ballistic thrombosis”!

“What the bloody hell is that?” I said. “A clot on the trigger”, he replied. Smart a###!

When something similar happened to me many years ago I made the mistake of complaining to a fellow shooter, who was at that time having a much better day than myself.

He said I think that it is ballistic thrombosis!

What the bloody hell is that? I said. A clot on the trigger, he replied. Smart a###!

I like that may have to use it!!!!

I had a howler on Tuesday, new bird at one stand and described as "easy", 20 cart's later and i had killed it once, for the life of me could not break that clay. Today, i couldn't help but dust it.

On Tuesday I let it niggle me and I started to over analyse everything, today i just shot it.

Forget it Munzy, don't dwell on it at all, next time just shoot like you normally do and you will be fine.