Fish!

rich1985

Set a couple gill nets on the beach at the low tide line yesterday afternoon and went back at low tide this morning to see my catch. Had a few fish, a sea trout 2lb 13oz, four sea bass between 2lb and 4lb and 3 nice flounders. There was a codling in the net but a fox got there before me and ate it! All the time we were at the beach there was 2 foxes there! Very tame! I have taken some photos on the iPad but when I try to upload them it says file too large! Rich.

No, any 1 can set gill nets on a beach or in a creek etc, not in rivers tho! The fish you catch must be for your own consumption or given away and cannot be offered for sale. I only set a few times a year for the freezer and the BBQ! One of the People I go with is a licenced fisherman any way so if I ever did catch too many for my own use he could take them to sell so no problem.

No, any 1 can set gill nets on a beach or in a creek etc, not in rivers tho! The fish you catch must be for your own consumption or given away and cannot be offered for sale. I only set a few times a year for the freezer and the BBQ! One of the People I go with is a licenced fisherman any way so if I ever did catch too many for my own use he could take them to sell so no problem.

Cheers Just wondering

Set a couple gill nets on the beach at the low tide line yesterday afternoon and went back at low tide this morning to see my catch. Had a few fish, a sea trout 2lb 13oz, four sea bass between 2lb and 4lb and 3 nice flounders. There was a codling in the net but a fox got there before me and ate it! All the time we were at the beach there was 2 foxes there! Very tame! I have taken some photos on the iPad but when I try to upload them it says file too large! Rich.

Nice one Rich , but they are called Bass, sorry to be picky , where abouts are you ? used to live in Brancaster and saw a few beach nets there.

Good on yah,,, up here the local bye laws state beach nets are ok from the 1st december till the 31st may, then they have to come in,, or if you are setting them out there has to be minimum of 3 meters of water above the headline,at all times therefore a boat is required,, the dates and the height during the summer months is to ensure no silver fish are caught ( salmon/seatrout) nobody really bothers during the summer because of this rule as to get caugth with silver fish is a nightmare.

We normally stick to dec to may and manage enough fish to last the year,,,,, it's great fun and very addictive as you never know what you are going to catch,, or how many,,,, roll on December

And good luck putting yours out rich 1985, and well done

Can set at any time etc here there are mess size restrictions so you don't catch undersized fish. I use 100mm mesh this way I'm covered for whatever fish I catch. You can land as many as you like but I expect if you walked off the beach with 100 fish you would get quizzed abit by the fisheries officer! It has to be for personal use and not to sell. Normally get about 10 fish which is just right for me and my family. You do never know what's your going to get tho, it could be bass, cod, mullet, dog fish, flatfish etc etc. it is great fun!

Edited by rich1985

Rich don't know about ipad but on laptop if you open pic you want to load along top of screen it says open with hover over that and one of the options is open with file manager click on that then click on resize then to fit web pages close save change's and you should then be good to go

colin

I've tryed all sorts, can't get it to work on photobucket or any thing, I've tired to put several of my outings in the sporting pictures section but I just can't upload pics it always says file to big! I will work it out 1 day! Befor harvest with luck! If any 1 can assist me please feel free to comment and tell me how thick I'm being! Ha ha. Rich.

Ha ha, yeah candles not too healthy! I gave the flounder to the farmers wife on 1 of my permissions, they love them! I always look after the farmers, give them fish, lobsters, crabs, cockles, samphire etc. happy farmers are always a good thing!

Ha ha, yeah candles not too healthy! I gave the flounder to the farmers wife on 1 of my permissions, they love them! I always look after the farmers, give them fish, lobsters, crabs, cockles, samphire etc. happy farmers are always a good thing!

if you want to keep your permissions, give them the bass and you have the flounders! :);)

Right, when we going fishing Rich?