Spennymoor, had a great time this morning

jgguinness

Me and a couple of mates went along to Spennymoor clay ground this morning.

I had been once before, about 2 years ago, one mate is a keen clay shot but first time he had been there, and another lad has only just got his ticket so first time out.

Think I was the only lad there with a SBS, but hey ho. Shot carp, 18 on sporting, but it's the first time I've really used my 12 gauge since last pheasant shoot, and the first time using that particular gun (excuses excuses ha).

Had a really good time, met some lovely people, bit crack and a shoot. On the way home we were saying we are going to make it a regular thing.

ATB

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan I used to go to spennymoor good club regularly and some decent boys there all willing to help. Open on a wed night as well. When there shooting the high birds out top of the quarry there rock to hit

Edited by Wearborne

Figgy hear from KW that you did not shoot very well a Johnathan Marsh's yesterday looked for you when we finished shooting but you had both gone.....

Your right I shot badly, you beat me by one. Sciatica and shooting ain't good for consistency. Hit some good targets then dropped a pair for no reason just couldn't get the swing going properly, had to force nearly all shots no natural movement at all. Some very easy targets on that day much of a muchness on most stands and only varied in height across four stands. Went straight off for a quick pint on way home then bed for nightshift.

Will be off to Thimbleby next time for some variety.

Might have to get a couple of rounds of skeet in at Spennymoor, get that easy swing going again.

Figgy

Edited by figgy