Crocodile clips

viking

Not when there isn't one near me. 20 mile away.

I was thinking more like eBay. But I can't see anything that looks like what I'd need

Self tapper in the battery pole....Then a male spade end terminal with the self tapper through the back end...

All my 12v kit has spare terminal's m-f with a bit of wire fixed to them...

These in turn are taped to a spot on the rotary's or flapper....

Its called back up....The power wires are doubled cable tied and taped so at least they cant be pulled out with the rough handling to and fro across the fields.

I have shot with plenty of people who put too chance a good days shooting over a few well chosen spares...

As Cranfield said 3" clips will do.....

My need for spares bits comes from diving all over the world with guests who would leave half their kit at home and then bring the other half which was broken....

TEH

I don't understand that mate. Not at all

Lee

Lee, to save any confusion go with the clips in your picture, they are perfect for your needs.

I did post an ebay link with a similar picture but it was removed.

PC's method involves a car battery with round terminals :good:

I think PC mean's strip the insulation back about an inch hold the bare wire next to the battery terminal then push an empty cartridge over the terminal thus trapping the wire between the empty cartridge and terminal.

I get it now. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks

Lee, to save any confusion go with the clips in your picture, they are perfect for your needs.

I did post an ebay link with a similar picture but it was removed.

PC's method involves a car battery with round terminals :good:

If ordered some now anyway..

The car battery I'll be using does have round terminals.

Thanks

Is this what I need??attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes there ok lee as long as they are big enough to fit over the battery terminals I'm sure your not 18 miles away from a motosave or independent motor spares your in Leeds not the Scottish highlands.

Round . Square . Terminals don't matter as long as there's pressure they could be hexagonal....

Edited by delburt0

Yes there ok lee as long as they are big enough to fit over the battery terminals I'm sure your not 18 miles away from a motosave or independent motor spares your in Leeds not the Scottish highlands.

Round . Square . Terminals don't matter as long as there's pressure they could be hexagonal....

He no longer has a battery on his car to drive there lol.

I'm sorry if I confused you by my suggestion of using empty 12 bore cartridges but it is a method I have used in the passed also to protect live batteries in storage the cartridges insulate the terminals and make them safe.

My intention was to communicate a cheap and effective solution to a simple problem.

I'm sorry if I confused you by my suggestion of using empty 12 bore cartridges but it is a method I have used in the passed also to protect live batteries in storage the cartridges insulate the terminals and make them safe.

My intention was to communicate a cheap and effective solution to a simple problem.

And it was much appreciated.

I'm just useless when it comes to wires. I always think I'm going to get a shock.. O don't even like jumping a car off with jump leads.