decoy rigs

Spaniel

Paracord is not ideal as it tends to float , are you rigging for the foreshore or on splashes ?

Like he says :good: Its passable for mainline rig droppers if you have big clips to weight it down but not ideal. Try 60 lb Mono sold for shock leaders if you don't want to get some PVC anchor cord etc in. I started on the shock leader stuff last season for shallow clear waters and have steadily increased its use to other areas

I've got 30ish decoys to rig up for this season and i will probably use crab line. Have been considering getting the weights from this company http://www.uk-leads.co.uk/

Approximate weight your looking for please I may have a mould that would suit you

All the best

Of

I've got 30ish decoys to rig up for this season and i will probably use crab line. Have been considering getting the weights from this company http://www.uk-leads.co.uk/

Approximate weight your looking for please I may have a mould that would suit you

All the best

Of

Oops

Edited by Old farrier

I have always foung heavy grade nylon crab line the best answer for decoying in creeks on the coast. Tangles are rarely a problem and inportantly its strong for the thickness of the line. Parcord is ok but its quite thick and once the tide starts to run has a heavy drag in the water. This drag means you have to use a heavy lead on a mother line where as with the crab line I can use weights 2 thirds lighter. Do not worry about the orange colour of the line , the ducks dont.

Loads about this on youtube, but I`m in the process of getting the neccessary bits and pieces together to rig my individual decoys "Texas style" with a sliding weight on the decoy line.

Although it involves a bit more faffing about to set up, talking to someone who used the Texas decoy rig last season he was very impressed with the fact that it almost completely does away with tangled weights and decoy lines.

Piece of angle iron weld flat bar across end prop up other end wire loop /big snap link in deep end

Pour in lead

Cheapest 3 sided tapered weight mould

All the best

Of

Those pyramid type leads aint bad, if your ok attaching and detaching the lead and they don't bury themselves deep in silt. I brought a few back from the states and they work fine on separate deeks, sort of dig in if they drag