Any one had / own a Hyundai Coupe

wingnut

I have recently started looking for a replacement motor as my venerable old bus is fast approaching 200,000 miles, I spotted 2 Hyundai coupe's recently. One is a 2.7 manual, the other is a 2.0ltr auto, they are both roughly the same price, age , condition etc, mileage for both is 35- 40,000, has any one had either of these 2 vehicles, what are the pros and cons- you seem to get a lot of car for the money.

Any help greatly appreciated

Andy

A friend had a 2000 manual recently, would still have it if he hadn't rear ended a van with it. He owned it a couple of years no problems apart from the usual servicing . They are pretty good vehicles, a little old fashioned in some ways, the indicator stalk is on the right but you soon get used to it. Hyundais are basically good vehicles, the new ones are as good as most similar vehicles.

The 4 cylinder motors are a bit flat considering their purpose ,,, all in all a reliable car ... I seem to recall "might be wrong" that recall referrence stickers are in the boot area ?

Reason l mention this is, as with just about every car made there at some point is a recall. Most owners are not aware of it, as its carried out on a service, because its only a minor rectification procedure, However there is a recall regards there cars that is quite important. The hub fails and the wheel comes off, usually at low speed whilst turning. Just make sure its had the modification carried out ... they are a good car, sluggish considering its type, buI Id have one, should l want a car of that style

• 2 weeks later...