Another Helice have a go day

bakerboy

Due to the positive response of the last Helice/ZZ have a go day, the A1 Shooting Ground will be holding another day on Saturday the 2nd of August.

Pricing the same as before at £1.00 per target.

10.00am start.

Edited by bakerboy

The wing part of the target is destroyed (or should be), its not a cost from the ground, the targets are very expensive, I had my own layout for a while and always winced when it was time to order targets. Unlike clays there are very few manufacturers of the targets, so they have a market whom have no choice of going elsewhere so to speak.

A lot of grounds are charging 25p+ a clay for practice now, which is a good profit, which makes these not too bad at a pound, you arent going to pop a 100 away like you do with clays, a good practice before a shoot is 4, its usually only 2 targets.

Longer, I shot helice at the West Kent Shooting School in the very late 80's and early 90's and it was a pound a pop then.

Don't you mean very, very addictive.

The targets are silly expensive, they have been charged at that for at least ten years, that I remember, usually more in a comp, which is never more than 25 targets.

It is so addictive..... beware..

But why so expensive?

The targets are reusable to a point,

Yes you have to buy the traps but so do other disciplines that don't charge anywhere near £1 a pop

:shaun:

you can only re use the centres.

A competition is normally only 20/25 targets, and it takes a long time, although at the A1 we now have two layouts and therefore can speed the process up.

Given that you shoot so few, albeit at normally £1.20 per target the cost is the same as a few hours out on the sporting clays.

20 x £1.20 = £24.00 plus cartridges "40" over 20 targets as you have full use of the gun approximately £10.00.

Thanks for the explanation,

I always thought both parts of the target were reusable, I thought the plastic wing could be used over and over

:shaun:

Shaun,

The "wings" or "propeller blades" are made of quite thin and brittle plastic, and are very often broken or at best full of holes after their first use.

They wouldn't fly properly in this condition, so they're only used once, imagine trying to fly a helicopter with the rotor blades full of holes from a .50 cal...?? :no:

Cat.

Indeed but missed targets can be reused. When they land on grass, they remain intact.

As are clays but the price is not reduced.

At the level most shoot at in Helice there are very few missed targets

When the "missed targets" are collected, the centres have to be checked to ensure they are still in the correct position to ensure you do not the "no target" problem.

This all takes time , and we know what time costs.

Edited by bakerboy

As are clays but the price is not reduced.

At the level most shoot at in Helice there are very few missed targets

When the "missed targets" are collected, the centres have to be checked to ensure they are still in the correct position to ensure you do not the "no target" problem.

This all takes time , and we know what time costs.

Not quibbling with the costs :) It costs what it costs (though the small discount certainly helps). It isn't something I could do week in and week out, but certainly a nice bit of shooting and worth it for the experience. As you say, it takes time, and is an enjoyable day shooting.