Tikka T3 varmint

Subaru_sti5

As some may know I have been waiting for my rem700 tactical to arrive in the uk and is well over due and not even in the country yet, I have decided to sack off the 700 as I can't wait any longer and I have learnt in life that if something causes this much agro it is a sure sign it's not worth it. I have taken the plunge and ordered myself a Tikka T3 varmint .308 it cost a couple hundred extra but I was wasting money on land I have paid to shoot on and didn't have a gun to use, it's quite ironic really as when I started thinking about getting my firearms licence a few years back the tikka was the gun I wanted and since then had looked at other things but it must have "meant to be" as that is now the rifle I am getting!! I hope I have made a good choice and am very much looking forward to having it in less than a week!

As some may know I have been waiting for my rem700 tactical to arrive in the uk and is well over due and not even in the country yet, I have decided to sack off the 700 as I can't wait any longer and I have learnt in life that if something causes this much agro it is a sure sign it's not worth it. I have taken the plunge and ordered myself a Tikka T3 varmint .308 it cost a couple hundred extra but I was wasting money on land I have paid to shoot on and didn't have a gun to use, it's quite ironic really as when I started thinking about getting my firearms licence a few years back the tikka was the gun I wanted and since then had looked at other things but it must have "meant to be" as that is now the rifle I am getting!! I hope I have made a good choice and am very much looking forward to having it in less than a week!

"Ordered" ?

Have you had confirmation of availability, if GMK are out of stock expect to wait up to a year (maybe more)!

Well first day out with tikka, 50 rounds all ready to go. Got the scope all sorted and on target ect. Squeezed off the first shot and hit the paper, good start nothing out of the ordinary, pulled off the 2nd shot and off it went to the left by 20 FEET!! Oh we said what happend there, unloaded rifle and pondered then had a look at the end of the mod to find it all nicely buckled!! Unscrewed the mod and the diffuser is mullered. Long and short of the story is the mod has .30 cal on it but the diffuser is only .22!!!! How I still have my face I don't know!!

It was brand new scully. It's going back but not sure whether to leave it as that and just get them to swap it or is this serious enough that I need to take it further?

I honestly can't answer that one I'm afraid, but can understand your reaction. You would have to establish where the blame lies of course, but I wouldn't be surprised to find if it was a failure of QC at some point the manufacturers would be keen to ensure no more mods have been released for sale in this condition, and more than happy to recompense for the sake of customer care. Not a good recommendation for the manufacturer of that make of mod, which they will be keen to rectify.

Let us know the outcome.

Are you sure the diffuser is for .22. I am amazed you did not realize something was amiss when the first shot was fired. How do you know the second shot was 20 feet wide, I use witness screens but bloody hell that's a big one.Would love to see some pics of the mod and the damage.

Taz

Yes in pretty sure it is .22 as on the uk custom shops website it shows the .22 diffuser being purple. I had to send my first mod back as it was going on a remington but had different thread so they changed it over for me and the original one had a red diffuser which is .30 cal. The first shot hit the paper and there was nothing abnormal about it at all, we only knew it was about 20 feet as when it hit the floor it knocked something up into the air. I will have to work out how to upload photos so I'll try that tonight.