wild cherry vodka

holly

I made strawberry vodka last Thursday.

Drank it on Friday after a bad day at the office. :D

It was very nice and i have two litres of vodka in the cupboard ready to make some more.

I made Sloe gin, raspberry vodka, damson gin and strawberry vodka last year. Strawberry is nicest.

i make sloe gin every year (providing i get the sloes) i made cherry vodka a few years ago with dessert cherries and it was ok hoping for better with the wild ones .looking at the hedgerows i think i need to stock up on whisky for the blackberries :yes:

I have sloe gin, sloe vodka, raspberry gin and raspberry vodka. They're all very good, allowing them to mature for a month or two in a cool, dark place removes the slightly bitter taste they have when new. Mrs C want to make cherry brandy if we can keep the birds off the cherries for long enough.

Cherry brandy - never reaches a hip flask - quick to make even quicker to drink! Blackberry rum - reminds of an old, and rather naughty girlfriend, who used to get through a lot of rum and blacks. Our favourite though is damson gin which if you make it out of frozen fruit comes out pink but still delicious. Took a bottle to a shoot last year, handed it to the keeper thinking we would all get a drop at the end of the day - never saw it again.

• 2 weeks later...