I Do Love River Fishing

Sir_Adam

Iv been fortunate enough to have a good handful. Right place right time I guess. Saw three wild otters as well which iv never seen in the wild before. Nice to see they have decimated the fish stocks either

You have the air of an accomplished angler, i would have done a 2000 word write up. Well angled sir, i salute you.

Nice fish...there is some clonking fish around here on the Bristol Avon I've had barbell up to 14 lbs but its bloody difficult catching them.

The Otters are welcome as far as I'm concerned... keep the crayfish numbers down and sort out the mink.

Well done that man,
river fishing is an art mate not like this camping out round a well stocked carp puddle

Colin

Amen

I love river fishing, haven't been for about 5 years now but still have all the gear, hope to start up again in the next year or so, had plenty of barbel large chub tench and bream from the avon, plenty of 12's but never managed to get a 13, here's the last 12 I caught, beautiful fish!

0DF8324D-0BAB-44FA-BEDC-C5D716C80E5D.jpg

Give em time. They are quite partial to a barbel or two, look at what Happened to Adams Mill on the Ouse, decimated.

Cracking fish. There a few good un's in the Nene now.

Iv been fortunate enough to have a good handful. Right place right time I guess. Saw three wild otters as well which iv never seen in the wild before. Nice to see they have decimated the fish stocks either

Give em time. They are quite partial to a barbel or two, look at what Happened to Adams Mill on the Ouse, decimated.

Cracking fish. There a few good un's in the Nene now.

I fish a small syndicate on the Kennet and there are otters in there, I've not personally found any 'ottered' barbel but know of stretches further downstream that have lost some big fish.

Winter appears to be the worse time for otter predation on barbel, when they lie up semi dormant during colder periods.

I fish a small syndicate on the Kennet and there are otters in there, I've not personally found any 'ottered' barbel but know of stretches further downstream that have lost some big fish.

Started fishing again last season after countless years away. Did loads of sessions at "carp puddle" and really enjoyed it.

BUT my old mate Colin Lad told to me to get meself on a river its far far harder but so much more rewarding. He generously gave me some gear as well. The legend.

So I took his advice (as usual, hence his nickname Yoda!!)

Spent the day trotting hemp and tare along a free stretch of local river. And had a fantastic day. Had loads of smallish roach, bream and even some dace. No big numbers but was fantastic. 2 more night shifts to do and ill be back there again. Happy dayz.

Not only was it far more rewarding amd challenging I didnt have to pay a daft amount of money in day ticket and buy daft pellets and bollies and other rubbish!!!!

Started fishing again last season after countless years away. Did loads of sessions at "carp puddle" and really enjoyed it.

BUT my old mate Colin Lad told to me to get meself on a river its far far harder but so much more rewarding. He generously gave me some gear as well. The legend.

So I took his advice (as usual, hence his nickname Yoda!!)

Spent the day trotting hemp and tare along a free stretch of local river. And had a fantastic day. Had loads of smallish roach, bream and even some dace. No big numbers but was fantastic. 2 more night shifts to do and ill be back there again. Happy dayz.

Not only was it far more rewarding amd challenging I didnt have to pay a daft amount of money in day ticket and buy daft pellets and bollies and other rubbish!!!!

I switched to barbel fishing a couple of years a go as a result of lakes just getting far, far too busy with carpers more interesting in camping than fishing.

I now fish on some incredibly quiet stretches of river where I travel light and can fish as many swims as I want in a day without any disturbances and the catches are far more rewarding.