HW100 problem any ideas

birdsallpl

Just recharged my HW100 cylinder to 200bar, slight leak on cylinder / action when screwed back on. Shot two pellets, air still at 190 + bar when 3 rd pellet stayed in Barrel. Cylinder still well in the green. It seams a co-incidents that have slight leak and then failed to shoot, but as I said pressure still well up in cylinder.

Any ideas what the fault could be?

no,,,,,this cannot be true,,,,,,,a HW 100 with a problem,,,,,,,,,,,,don't tell the daystate crew :lol::lol: :lol:

on a seriouse note, it may have been an out of shape pellet , is the pellet still in the cylinder ???

seems strange if the rifle is fully charged,

get a chrono on it as it could be a seal problem

atb Evo

have you put a few more pellets through and has it happened again ???

I would certainly get the leak sorted mate as it will defo affect the performance of the rifle and they are normally built like tanks

atb Evo

first thing to check is , has it held its pressure,

if not then you may have a serious leak and it will need sorting

I had the same sort of thing happen to me on an AAs410, I put it in for a full service and touch wood it has not happened since

good luck with it

atb Evo

Edited by evo

yes as i think you will find air is only released to the barrel/valve when you load cylinder so if the o ring is leaking it will not get full charge the o ring is a common fault when filling involves constant removal of cylinder there is now a different o ring i think made of polypropylene or something that lasts much longer

Edited by firdom

yes as i think you will find air is only released to the barrel/valve when you load cylinder o ring is a common fault when filling involves constant removal of cylinder there is now a different o ring i think made of polypropylene or something that lasts much longer

I see what you mean but the cylinder was still well in the green showing almost fully charged.

yes but when you cycle the new pellet in it only allows the correct amount of air to the valve with a faulty o ring half the air will be lost leaking past the o ring hence you have not enough air in the barrel to give full power

yes but when you cycle the new pellet in it only allows the correct amount of air to the valve with a faulty o ring half the air will be lost leaking past the o ring hence you have not enough air in the barrel to give full power

reason for me telling him to chrono the gun in #2

it will usually 9/10 times find a fault,,well where pressure and power is concerned

atb Evo

Take the cylinder back off and see if the valve is leaking. If it is, give the valve a depress with something to try and blow any crud out of it, and also check the tiny o ring on the valve itself. It could also be the culprit is the regulator piston o ring. Its pretty much the only o ring that does any work. Easy enough to get at and do if your competent, but a bit long winded and needs the power setting up again once done. Have done two on my HW100 in six years :yes:

Edited by turbo33

Weihrauch HW100 PCP Air Rifle Cylinder Sealing O-Ring

The HW100 series are regarded as excellent quality Precharge Air Rifles. To maintain their levels of performance and accuracy the Cylinder Sealing O-Ring is constantly in use when charging, or firing the rifle. It is recommended to change this Sealing O-Ring at the first sign of any leaks, splits or when carrying out any work on the rifle cylinder. The seal itself sits on the main valve inside the action and is visible when the cylinder is removed from the rifle.

The same Sealing O-Ring is used on the brass filling adapter supplied with the gun that the bottle screws into when charging and is NOT designed to be used on the Probe.

Also referred to as part number OR044

• 2 weeks later...

Firdom. I can see the small o ring, but how do you replace it? It's a bit tight for my digits to get to. Do I have to split the gun down?

' The seal itself sits on the main valve inside the action and is visible when the cylinder is removed from the rifle.'