Cost of dive bottle charge

Rst1990

Went to a dive shop during the week to get my 3ltr 300bar bottle filled as it was just down the road from where I was working.

Once charged the guy handed it over to me and asked for payment which was £10 which I said to him was well over the top as I only pay £4 at my local, his reply was you should have asked how much it was before he filled it!!!

My question is how much are you guys paying for a charge?

there's no money in filling ya dive bottles i should know been doin it for the last 17years.

its a service that dive shops have to provide if they have a school , as a loss leader to bring customers to the shop or for divers using charter boats.

Edited by Remimax

there's no money in filling ya dive bottles i should know been doin it for the last 17years.

its a service that dive shops have to provide if they have a school , as a loss leader to bring customers to the shop or for divers using charter boats.

Yup. It's a loss leader for dive shops. Having said that, I'd be surprised if the price of a fill was over £5

I'm sure if the OP puts up his location, then a few of us can point him towards alternative places.

Edited by robbiep

Yup. It's a loss leader for dive shops. Having said that, I'd be surprised if the price of a fill was over £5

I'm sure if the OP puts up his location, then a few of us can point him towards alternative places.

I have a local dive shop that's just up the road to me been using them for a few years and it's £4 and have used others and they have always been £5 or under, I just took it for granted that that is the rough guided price, was surprised with the cost of £10!! Feel robbed lol

The place in question was in London, enfield just on the great Cambridge roundabout.

Mine cost £5, regardless of the size i.e., 3 litre or 12 litre. I always leave it with them until the next day, too, so they can make sure that the tank has cooled enough to give it the last 'top-up' before handing it over.

There's nothing worse than paying for a 300bar fill, only to find that you got 250 bar instead. :rolleyes:

Went to a dive shop during the week to get my 3ltr 300bar bottle filled as it was just down the road from where I was working.

Once charged the guy handed it over to me and asked for payment which was £10 which I said to him was well over the top as I only pay £4 at my local, his reply was you should have asked how much it was before he filled it!!!

My question is how much are you guys paying for a charge?

What dive centre was it.......?

TEH

our local dive center charges £4 but you can buy a ticket which gives you 6 refills for £20,,so you can guess what i bought,

if one of my buddies needs theres filling i just give them the ticket,

i certainly would of dropped the bottle on his toes(accidently of course) if he would of charged me £10

atb Evo

It's free if you ask your local fire brigade. Just stick some money in the charity box.

A big thank you from my oppo for that idea. He's just had to make 3 trips to Teignmouth to get his tested and then charged - I won't bore you, suffice to say what a right load of drongos they were - his third round trip was necessary as (they'd put it in his car on initial collection so he hadn't picked it up) on top of everything else, they'd forgotten to charge it after its return from test.

There is a difference between a FILL and a TOP UP (at least there is my way), most Dive bottles used for shooting only need a top up, £10 for a top up of any bottle seems a lot, but like the man said, you should have asked!

ATB! :good:

Edited by Dekers