suzuki or nissan

swampy

bit more metal on the Nissan, Suzuki`s rust like hell, the rest depends on what engine is in the suzi, the 2.0l is the Peugeot lump and is fairly reliable but god help you if you ever need to pull the injectors out, the 1.9l is a Renault lump that has electrical problems and a tendancy to shear the lug on the cam sprocket (and is also a *****ard to change the oil filter), on the whole I would go for the x-trail, even if its got a good service history have the brakes stripped and cleaned

I've got an x-trail and it is a nice car to drive. Lots of room, comfortable, nippy, cruises at speeds I won't admit to, rear seats fold flat to give an excellent load space. You can sleep in the back quite comfortably if you want to.

Not very rugged, noisy engine, mine broke and cost quite a bit to fix. I think over 120k miles and things are getting a bit iffy. £3k will get you a lower mileage than that.

Does about 33mpg just general running about. Performs surprisingly well offroad but I wouldn't go laning in one.

Never had a Suzuki so can't comment on them.

For offroad/rough driving rugged cheap and reliable I recommend a Terrano.

i had a suzuki 2.7 xl7 had it for 9 years it was 2 year old when i got it other than the normal tyres brake pads the only thing it had go wrong was a landba sensor it passed all its mot's no problem,

and got me through some dodgy ground brilliant car but that's just my finding's

its gone now and miss it

colin

I have never been a fan of 4x4 but needed one and didnt have a clue.i opted for a grand vitara 3dr petrol on a 02 for £1200.Apart from getting the sills cut out and rebuilt for £300 it has been faultless, stuck on a set of dakars and slapped on some mod green and it goes anywhere.Been running it for 3yrs and last 2 mot's had no advisories.I will deffinatly get another.

post-30855-0-89703400-1404764355_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-35276100-1404764876_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo