Best Type of Seat

I am struggling to find the best seat to use for decoying. I much prefer standing to shoot but if you are out all day it is nice to at least sit down when waiting for the birds to come in.

Obviously i still need to see out the top of the hide/net for incoming birds and want minimal movement when going from sitting to standing.

What do you all use and find to be the best?

Thanks

I use two seats.

Where the ground is reasonably flat I use one of these, http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/220178-bergara-folding-shooting-seat-l67/ and where the ground id seriously sloping, or I have a limited area to put the "foot" of my seat, I use one of these, http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/?products_id=5786 .

Both are very strong seats with a large area for your rear and both are height adjustable , which is IMO the weakness with the swivel drum seat, or the cheapo camping chairs that are out there..

I am struggling to find the best seat to use for decoying. I much prefer standing to shoot but if you are out all day it is nice to at least sit down when waiting for the birds to come in.

Obviously i still need to see out the top of the hide/net for incoming birds and want minimal movement when going from sitting to standing.

What do you all use and find to be the best?

Thanks

I make/modify my shooting seats as I have found that not one seat will do all....as for bucket seats they are about as much use as an ash tray on a motor bike....

I make a point of looking through my net, wait until the bird is committed then move...If I can shoot it sitting then I will

TEH

Guest stevo

Shall have a look into the Bergara seat as that seems very good. Many others used that?

Have seen a few people using the office chair but if i have to walk in then it's just not that easy to carry.

Thanks for the tips.

I use one and love it

I'm thinking of getting an idleback shotgun chair not cheap at £180 but I've got a touch of sciatica and after spending the best part of a day in a hide I really suffer the next day and this seat looks and sounds the part not sure about carrying it for any amount of time though. I think this seat fits your description but maybe can't justify the price.

Atb Dave

Does anyone use an actual shooting stick, the traditional one like this, I mean: tirion-shooting-stick-field-swivel-head-

I don't mind whether I sit or stand for shooting but I need to be able to do both if I'm going to be comfortable for any length of time. Trouble is hide netting set for most seats will be too low for standing and vice versa. I know they look a bit Colonel Bagshott but a shooting stick might be a good compromise height wise and allow standing and sitting shots to be taken more easily. Easy to carry too. I'm tempted to give one a try as long as they allow you to swing round with the shot.

Edited by Gimlet

I used to use the classic three legged fold up stool, and the 'bin' seat atop the bin our nets are kept in but it plays hell with my sciatica after a few hours. I now use a fold up aluminium chair which is grand as I don't always need to get up to shoot, and in those quiet times I can lean back and enjoy the scenery. Mate has got sick of balancing on stools also, and has just bought himself an aluminium chair. Maybe its an age thing, but it's also much more comfortable, and I can now be comfortable for hours and hours. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Contact Paul Hart he's a member on here has a site called the pigeon shooter he does good seats and they are strong, they have to be to carry my weight.. :lol:

How do you find standing up to take your shots or do you stay sitting. I tried one when Kdubya got his and found it about six inches to low for me, spins well and sturdy enough just to low for me to keep jumping up from.

Figgy