What fox caller works best.

alanb1065

Hi everyone. Just wondered what other peoples opinions are on electronic fox callers. Have been looking at getting one for a while now but not sure what ones work best. Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to you all in advance.

Just how are you going to shoot them? Getting them in range of a shot gun is far different than with a c/f rifle....

In the summer I favour the reed caller @ £9.99

I have an electronic one but rarely use it........

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter

Hi, get a bluetooth speaker of the bay £9.99 download mp3 calling sounds from varmintal.com . i bluetooth the sounds to my phone made up a playlist and transferd them to micro sd card pop it in speaker slot and away you go, you can download 2mins of mp3 silence to start the calling and put mp3 silence between sounds, the playlist can be set on repeat and will run till you stop it, and it works well,give it a try. atb Rob

Edited by Not2Night

Just how are you going to shoot them? Getting them in range of a shot gun is far different than with a c/f rifle....

In the summer I favour the reed caller @ £9.99

I have an electronic one but rarely use it........

TEH

Sorry should have said. I'm using a .17hmr

Most callers are the same its the calls that are diffrent one call will work one night then anouther call will work anouther night then you get the shy Fox and no calls will work at all having said that the best one is where you can download diffrent calls off the internet its the calls that work not the caller

Edited by Rim Fire

They all work on their day(or night),had a foxpro and my mate mistook the LED on the front for a fox and shot it.

So I bought a ico tech 500,which is good but not as clear and loud as the foxpro fury.

So in the end I sent the foxpro back to the states and it was replaced for 130 dollars.

In my opinion the foxpro is top of the bunch,and does pull them in.

Dangerous at that I'd find someone else to shoot with.

As has been said they all are as good as the calls on them and how to foxes react. Some will some won't and some who have heard it before will run for the hills. I've a fox pro it comes out some of the time but I'm not convinced it's got me that many more. Being in the right place at the right time and plenty of observation seems to work best