The future of airgun technology

James_w12345

I dont know why it has taken this long for a manufacturer to develop this.

We all know the advantages and disadvantages with precharged and springer air rifles, but why not combine the two techs, and get an airgun which is both precharged and self pumpable:

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FX%20Independence.htm

This company have produced a precharged air rifle with its own handle pump (like an underlever), thus removing the need for complicated filling bottles or massive pumps, so you never need loose power in the field!!! Genius!!!

I dont know why it has taken this long for a manufacturer to develop this.

We all know the advantages and disadvantages with precharged and springer air rifles, but why not combine the two techs, and get an airgun which is both precharged and self pumpable:

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FX%20Independence.htm

This company have produced a precharged air rifle with its own handle pump (like an underlever), thus removing the need for complicated filling bottles or massive pumps, so you never need loose power in the field!!! Genius!!!

what is complicated about a filling bottle, you turn a handle and bingo your rifle is full, the rifles I have shoot a minimum of 250 shots per charge , I,m yet to even shoot a fith of that whilst out hunting so basically I can go hunting at least 5 times before I turn the handle again and fill up,

with regards a pump being MASSIVE,,,,i don't know what pump your using but all the ones I have used have been small, ie a Hills Pump,

its a good idea but as said don't think I would like to be pumping up in the field, I like to get out the vehicle and not worry about charging up,

its the reason I went down the Daystate Pcp route

wolverine b = 250 shots per charge

Airwolf = 350 shots per charge

so certainly don't appeal to myself but they might to some people, I think its more about performance rather than filling

atb Evo

So the Daystate wolverine B type FAC produces 65 shots @ 31 ft/lb.

To get that number of shots, you'd have to pump that FX 195 times.

You only get 7 shots before you have to do 21 to get another 7. That's going to go down well for stalkers who need to keep movement to a minimum...

As evo says, how is having a bottle that much of a pain? it sits in the corner of a garage, then gives you a whole cylinder of air immediately. then goes back to sitting there.

Timmytree, you said it was released in 2010? It's clearly not caught on. I can see why...

Daystate produced one a few years back called the sportsman,I owned one for a year or so. Two pumps on a side lever for 12ftb it was accurate as my huntsman I owned at the time , I traded it for a rapid 7 and for me a good move as I still have that rifle. They never caught on ,but for someone who doesn't fire a lot of shots and lives in the boonies with no dive shops they would be a good choice.

Been done before, I think the first was called the Gemini? by a Bloke from Accrington Richard something or other, apologies if he reads this I cannot remember your surname there have been others. They all suffer the same things weight and high manufacturing cost

this one has both a bottle/hand-foot pump and manual pump.

just it is nice to not have to buy extra kit for a gun, bottles and pumps etc, and I think for stalkers, you could do the pumping before you leave...

quite a neat idea, as spring (underlever)guns are nice because they are standalone and dont need faff of filling etc, but are 1 shot.

this seems like the best of both (obviously its in early stages).

Ah, the Sharp Innova...

Great fun, and lots of exercise! Still have one tucked away in the loft somewhere :)

bet it don't work to good now, they were one inconsistent gun velocity wise when just built. Once took a stack of crows out of a single tree in one go with one I couldn't believe they just kept making a fuss flying around then calling while I kept up pumping those four stokes popping a pellet in and picking the next victim out. Apparently you can shoot a boss crow or something and the other get phased by it

yer, and pay to get it filled up, and lug it round with you if you are doing a fair bit of shooting, or are shooting away from home etc.

I really cant see any logic in what you are saying,,,

when I,m out hunting with an air rifle and as an example my Daystate airwolf .22 . if I have a good night then I will probably use at a push 20 pellets, now the rifle will be fine to shoot 350 pellets per charge,

so lets say I charged it tonight, then that means I can go shooting a minimum of 17 times before I need to charge the rifle, ok so lets say I go once a week then that means it will be at least 17 weeks before I need to fill the rifle with air again, now forgive me,but WHAT is so bad about that,

17 WEEKS minimum for me to even think about putting more air in the rifle, so that means 17 TIMES that I don't have to lug a bottle round(which I don't anyway),

what is it that is hard about this ??? I really cant work out what everyone is mumbling on about,

if your hunting then IMO a pcp multishot is the way forward, not something you have to pump away at everytime you want to fire it a few times,,

it speaks for itself,,, are they and have they been popular,,,,,,,NO,,,,,,,,WHY,,,,,,,,, because a pcp is the way FORWARD,

I really cant see any logic in what you are saying,,,

when I,m out hunting with an air rifle and as an example my Daystate airwolf .22 . if I have a good night then I will probably use at a push 20 pellets, now the rifle will be fine to shoot 350 pellets per charge,

so lets say I charged it tonight, then that means I can go shooting a minimum of 17 times before I need to charge the rifle, ok so lets say I go once a week then that means it will be at least 17 weeks before I need to fill the rifle with air again, now forgive me,but WHAT is so bad about that,

17 WEEKS minimum for me to even think about putting more air in the rifle, so that means 17 TIMES that I don't have to lug a bottle round(which I don't anyway),

what is it that is hard about this ??? I really cant work out what everyone is mumbling on about,

if your hunting then IMO a pcp multishot is the way forward, not something you have to pump away at everytime you want to fire it a few times,,

it speaks for itself,,, are they and have they been popular,,,,,,,NO,,,,,,,,WHY,,,,,,,,, because a pcp is the way FORWARD,

But it is a PCP rifle but it also happens to have a built in pump. Those that don't have a regulated rifle with a large bottle, like me for instance, can only expect around 40 spot on shots before it needs a refill - granted, that's still more than I ever use in a trip, but the ability to refill at will and then have maybe another 15 shots is a good idea for some people, especially if you are in the middle of nowhere.

It is a lot of money though, and the market for such a rifle must be very small in the UK.

like what falcon said. i think people who dont see the bonus arent seeing the benefit, and also misunderstand, you dont shoot then pump, you either fill or pump and home then can top up if you need, as Falcon points out, its a pcp plus inbult pump, for those of us who shoot quite a lot in one go either ratting or target shooting, and with some rifles dropping power when the bottle is half full (air arms i have shot have this problem, it would be good to be able to fill up. also if it were to become the norm, it would be a lot more efficient and cheaper, so you wouldnt have to cash out on a bottle and refill or 300 quid long pump.

Whilst the FX Independence is a great concept I have to be honest and say it's looks nasty in its design. I would question how long the pumping lever would last as it's going to get a lot of use.

It's a difficult market to enter as your in competition with the Big boys who have proven their track records with build quality and innovation.

I would like to see a small inexpensive air pump that is electric or could run off a 12volt car battery that could refill an air rifle and that would be the future.

Whilst the FX Independence is a great concept I have to be honest and say it's looks nasty in its design. I would question how long the pumping lever would last as it's going to get a lot of use.

It's a difficult market to enter as your in competition with the Big boys who have proven their track records with build quality and innovation.

I would like to see a small inexpensive air pump that is electric or could run off a 12volt car battery that could refill an air rifle and that would be the future.

Not sure what you mean here? FX have been around for years and produce some of the most innovative airguns around; the Verminator MKII Extreme comes with two barrels - one for pellets and the other for arrows. It's not their only gun that has an integrated pump; the Indy and the Indy Arrow do too. They have the pedigree and track record; I'm just not sure this is the future.

It does, however put me in mind of my misspent youth, running around with pump action SuperSoakers. Those were the days!

Big problem with the built in pump is most folks get fed up with hand pumping very quickly. How many use the foot pump for the car tyres instead of using the compressed air line at the petrol station.

Not a good option for me as I have arthritis in my wrists and bad feet too. I had to stop using my old Gammo springer as after I had it resprung I couldn't set it any more.The joys of getting older. Will stick with my Daystate Mk4.