complete dry food recommendations

fergie

Its the maize and barley that puts me off it on the whole. It may be a decent food, I've not tried that particular CSJ food, however Ive fed the CP30, CP21, complete tripe etc and everytime I ordered a bag it differed from the last one in terms of it's consistency.

The one I'm feeding now is consistent, has a low number of quality ingredients and all my dogs do well on. If that changes I'll look elsewhere. Remember I pay £32, which makes it affordable, if I had to pay £50 then I probably wouldn't feed it.

Suppose it's only a third more expensive but times that by a few bags per month and it mounts up. It's a small mortgage! :lol:

Great if you can afford it and have the confidence in it to be consistent. Also the CP you were buying compares price-wise so I understand where you are coming from.

Fifty odd quid is daylight robbery though, especially as they can do it for you at £30 ish and someone that might only breed one litter of pups a year. Someone breeding a handful of pups a year can order adult bags at £30 so what's the sense in that if someone that doesn't breed has five or six adult dogs that will be with them a lifetime? They get charged £51! Crazy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mines been fed on tesco's own branded complete worker dog dry food for the last 6 months, with about a third of a tin of meat mixed in every bowl.

energy levels are the same as always, he's bright and alert, and its costing me £10 for a 15kg bag.

to look at, its identical to the james well beloved that i was feeding him.

just tried to find it on tesco online and its not there so god only knows wether its till available...

woth a look though, archie really gets on well with it!

Brett,I have added a link for you to look at, this website compares different dog food and sores them on quality of protein and marks them down on dangerous additives.

I have compared tesco food to a random premium 40 quid a bag stuff,I don't use this food but it illustrates a point and that is,people will be hooked by the price and have to feed it twice as much and with your tinned meat it will probably cost more.

I have used this site to compare foods and I have never seen a food score 0.1 out of 5 with only FOUR percent beef and most of the protein coming from vegetables,this food is shocking,dogs will look fine on it, the same as the kids that live on chicken nuggets,it's just a health time bomb in my opinion

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/compare-dog-foods/0141-0341/markus-muehle-vs-tesco