Battery for magnet

I bought it of the pigeon shooter at game fair the charger is one u plug in wall just like plug has red and black crocodile clips. I only charged it for 10 hours incase I did fry it what time would the need to be fully charged. Any what volt battery would I be looking for to do me all day

Thanks

hi

I have a 12v 12AH sealed lead acid sat under my desk

You can have is FOC if you can find a way to collect it from cambridge

One of my engineers removed it because the machine it was on [boeing] is very intolerant of voltage, so they get pulled off with life still in them

And sorry no, I won't post it :)

neill

26 degrees and sunny in cambridge

I have just bought the same charger from the pigeon shooter. It is a 300ma 12v charger. My limited understanding of charging batteries is that this charger will take approx 3hrs and 20 mins per amp to charge a battery. Therefore a 7amh battery should take 7x 3hrs 20 mins. Effectively about 24 hrs.

I believe that when charging batteries the output from the charger should be a minimum of 10% of the batteries capacity and not more than 25%. More than 25% cooks the battery.

I bought the above charger for a 1.2amh flapper battery.

I use 2 x 7amh batteries ( Screwfix £18 each ) for my rotary. I charge these with a Streetwize 1.5 amh trickle charger from Argos.

( under £20 )

Hope this helps, and good luck with the harvest time shooting !

Yes , that type of charger is not the most reliable either , I have had several go wrong over the years.

Better to buy a decent one that charges at around 1amp /hr which will take about 7 hrs to charge , I use Yuasa chargers , not cheap but very good you leave the battery on charge at all times and it turns on and off as required, there is little that kills batterys better than being left in a cold shed without a charge going in them.

I use a mobility scooter battery 12v 24ah. I have to use a speed controller or it goes too fast and throws the birds off.

But on the bright side it lasts a full day and a half on constant. Hope that helps and do your self a favour, go buy a new charger that has an automatic cut off when the battery is fully charged this way you won't cook your battery .

Atb Ezi.

Edited by ezi bez