Air gun Reviews !

Big Gnat

Wouldn't it be nice to pick up an Air Gun magazine and read a gun review that was honest ! You never or very rarely read a review that gives it straight. However a few months after launch, you get owners honest reviews on the forums. And in certain cases the sudden appearance of the reviewed gun in the second hand forums.

So please keep up to date guys and if you have bought a new rifle give us your review. Its much appreciated !

Wouldn't it be nice to pick up an Air Gun magazine and read a gun review that was honest ! You never or very rarely read a review that gives it straight. However a few months after launch, you get owners honest reviews on the forums. And in certain cases the sudden appearance of the reviewed gun in the second hand forums.

So please keep up to date guys and if you have bought a new rifle give us your review. Its much appreciated !

walther lgu bad.all reviews was good,so bought one .trigger rubbish..still diesling after 2 tins threw it.trigger kept sticking had the feeling somthing was going to brake.had it a wk,traded it for tx200.at a cost of an extra £70 but was worth it just to get the lgu out of my life..lol...even si pittyaway from vermin hunters tv says its a good gun??.sadwell field sports said reminds him of a mk2 tx200? WAT? :lol: no more said..i will do review on a new gun nxt time and say how it is,true..not just a sales man or pushing it for mates who owns gun shops to boost there sales in exchange for a few freebies..

Edited by johny5

walther lgu bad.all reviews was good,so bought one .trigger rubbish..still diesling after 2 tins threw it.trigger kept sticking had the feeling somthing was going to brake.had it a wk,traded it for tx200.at a cost of an extra £70 but was worth it just to get the lgu out of my life..lol...even si pittyaway from vermin hunters tv says its a good gun??.sadwell field sports said reminds him of a mk2 tx200? WAT? :lol: no more said..i will do review on a new gun nxt time and say how it is,true..not just a sales man or pushing it for mates who owns gun shops to boost there sales in exchange for a few freebies..

Well my LGU .177 cal is fantastic its as good as my tx200 .177 both put pellet on pellet at 40 yds,as

does my SFS Imp .22 cal , i cannot fault any of these guns ,perhaps you were just unlucky!!

atb brian

after reading some excellent reviews about the daystate wolverine b .177, I decided to go and have a feel of one at our local gun shop,

I instantly took a liking to the totally different feel of the gun, the balance with and without a scope is unreal, it looks a heavy rifle but it actually felt lighter than my huntsman, so I decided to sell my r10 mk2(awesome piece of kit) and my Daystate Huntsman both in .22 and buy the New Wolverine B in .177, whilst waiting for the rifle to be built I kept on having second thoughts if I had done the right thing or not, since receiving the new rifle I now know I made the right choice,

pro,s

1....feels very light and well balanced when shouldering

2....in .177 its accuracy is unreal out to 50yrds and more

3....no chance of double loading

4....its not overly pellet fussy , had great groups to 50yrds with H&N ftt, JSB,s ,Bis long range and also bis mags, and last but not least accupells,

5.... trigger is a dream to use

6....bolt action is super smooth

7....even without a moderator on , it is pretty quiet

cons

1.... rifle was refusing to select the 10th pellet from the magazine,,,

I sorted this by slackening the hex in the middle of the mag and some sewing machine oil, it was as if the mag had been put together too tight,

2.... price of spare mag at £63 is a bit pricey and I like to carry extra mags whilst out hunting,

other than the above two cons, the rifle has proved already to be an excellent choice and one which I,m very happy with,i have had numerous outings with it now getting to know it more ,

all I can say is it has performed faultlessly since I sorted the mag and I have to say it is so accurate out to 50yrds it is making my hunting a lot easier by day and more so by night due to the flatter trajectory ,

if you have not held or shot one of these things then all I can honestly say is, it was the best £1050 I have ever spent,

I have been that impressed by its feel, accuracy oh and its looks that I can safely say I made the right choice,

atb Evo

Well my LGU .177 cal is fantastic its as good as my tx200 .177 both put pellet on pellet at 40 yds,as

does my SFS Imp .22 cal , i cannot fault any of these guns ,perhaps you were just unlucky!!

atb brian

i hear thers a lot of unlucky people reading what there saying about the lgu...anyway good luck with your lgu maybe you have a good one/

Evo, is it fair to say you're a 0.177 fan now ?

I have to say that for a lot of my 40yrs shooting with air rifles I have always used .22 , well except for my fathers .177 underlever, and have done well with .22

BUT with this new .177 I cant seem to bloody miss, I,m even having serious thoughts of getting an Airwolf in .177,, I have hit everything I,ve pointed it at

converted NO but I can clearly see the numerous advantages of .177,

I cant say I,m converted as the pigeon watch massed will burn me at the stake :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: well chrispainter will lol

atb Evo