canada geese nuisance

daytona

Pity bulls aren't also on the GL. There's a lot of it about.

Not the quoted post I hasten to add

So what I get from this thread is that some people have complained that a lake and area around said lake, is not as clean as their living room and they want to get rid of the 20 geese off the pond.

You are saying real countrymen don't like to get dirty and someone is talking rubbish, maybe its the claim of going to Devon regularly, but living there doesn't mean you know everything going on there.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It just seems like an excuse to shoot geese,we had a problem with around 50 Canadian geese on a local course fishery, 2 weeks using flags and rope bangers cleared them off.The residents in the area where notified when the bangers would be used and you would be surprised they fully supported it.

I forgot to add that we had to educate the fishermen a minority used to scatter the unused bait and sweet corn on the pegs after fishing which was one of the main reasons the geese dropped in.I use to help out the guy that ran the fishery and beleive me the fishermen left a lot more mess than any canada geese.And yes I do fish, I also take my **** home.

!

Edited by Davyo

You are saying real countrymen don't like to get dirty

Actually I'm not, you are.

living there doesn't mean you know everything going on there.

No, we're very lucky as in addition to the Foggy Dews we also have the Grockle to tell us what's happening and where we're going wrong.

However, it's the weekend and I now have to take my husband shopping.

Out.

Did they all turn up at once all of a sudden like? It sounds a bit like it was a shock, they might need a cull and its very close to the best time to do it now, that said are they just present for a window in time in the summer because it offers perfect nesting?

Numbers have been rising. They've had a good breeding year. Time to move them on. I guarantee it will only be necessary to hit a handful. The rest will buzz off somewhere safer. Probably on one of the local marshes, which is where they belong. Come September the marshes will become a no fly zone and then they will be back. Goose ping pong. This is near a lake. No need to shoot over water, I will snipe them with my 223 in a safe location. The sound of the 223 is also an effective deterrant

Numbers have been rising. They've had a good breeding year. Time to move them on. I guarantee it will only be necessary to hit a handful. The rest will buzz off somewhere safer. Probably on one of the local marshes, which is where they belong. Come September the marshes will become a no fly zone and then they will be back. Goose ping pong. This is near a lake. No need to shoot over water, I will snipe them with my 223 in a safe location. The sound of the 223 is also an effective deterrant

In the normal course of things I would go with that 100% as a generalisation, but depending on the land and their flightless state that "may not" be the case at the moment. :good:

In the normal course of things I would go with that 100% as a generalisation, but depending on the land and their flightless state that "may not" be the case at the moment. :good:

i note your point Dekers, which is correct as to the flightless time. These birds which I saw earlier this week are up and flying again.

daytona

If as you have stated the caravan owners do not want them shot and the mangement is not worried about the presence of the geese , so where is the problem? Or is it that you cant resist shooting them for the sake of it or is it that you just do not like geese?

Leave well alone for now and perhaps once the caravan owners are gone for the winter the management will allow you to shoot a bird or two.

anser2,most,not all of the owners want shut of the geese.my o post is asking for any advice on how to get rid of the geese..most people assume that they should be shot and personally that for me is the last resort..THE SITE IS NOT JUST FOR FISHERMEN ITS A HOLIDAY PARK AS WELL AND WHEN SOME PEOPLE PAY TENS OF THOUSANDS FOR THEIR VAN PLUS THREE GRAND A YEAR TO BE THERE THE LAST THING THEY WANT TO DO IS HAVE TO SHOVEL THEIR WAY TO THE DOOR OF THE CARAVAN

anser2,most,not all of the owners want shut of the geese.my o post is asking for any advice on how to get rid of the geese..most people assume that they should be shot and personally that for me is the last resort..THE SITE IS NOT JUST FOR FISHERMEN ITS A HOLIDAY PARK AS WELL AND WHEN SOME PEOPLE PAY TENS OF THOUSANDS FOR THEIR VAN PLUS THREE GRAND A YEAR TO BE THERE THE LAST THING THEY WANT TO DO IS HAVE TO SHOVEL THEIR WAY TO THE DOOR OF THE CARAVAN

. 20 geese and residents shoveling their way too their caravans seems a bit of an excessive

. 20 geese and residents shoveling their way too their caravans seems a bit of an excessive

Possibly just a turn of phrase, but 20 Canada can make a serious mess over a few days, let alone weeks/months.

I know it can't be true, but the Canada seems to deposit more out of its backside than it eats! :lol::good: