looking sad ,,,sixth sense

evo

started to get my gear ready and swap the pigeon decoys for my crow ones as we are out in the morning after them,,

Archie my 14month English Springer and my best mate has not been feeling to well of late after he stood on a nail so he has really been feeling sorry for himself and has been getting spoilt,

Well today I started to get my gear ready and the minute I got my hide and decoys out he limped out and sat next to my gear, when I asked him to come to me he just looked away with these really sad eyes, I repeatedly tried to get him to move but he wouldn,t budge,

I have never seen him like this ever and he is normally very obedient , he just looked so sad I got a lump in my throat watching him, he wouldn,t even sit up straight he just slouched by my gear,

I cant take him in the morning due to him having a sore foot so I was thinking has he got a sixth sense and already knows I,m not taking him, he just looked away when I tried to speak to him

I do love him dearly but hated seeing him like this and I,m dreading going in the morning, he,s like a child and wont leave my side,always trying to please me so I feel guilty now,

I,ll make it up to him once hes better,

here is some pics of him sulking,,,, has anyone else ever had anything happen like this with your dogs

ArchieinBackgarden001_zps9f0aeb9f.jpg

and his sad eyes look

ArchieinBackgarden004_zpsc7b944fc.jpg

he would not look at me,,god love him

atb Evo

I know how you feel. My young dog has now been out several times and has recognised the guns and equipment. Problem is, when I decide to go and smoke a few clays, he sees the gun bag and won't leave my side. Mrs, says he bawls for a bit when I have gone, coz he was left behind. Any other time, going to work etc.... no gun...no problem.

Decoying kit and especially gun bags he works every trick in his book to pull the heart strings.

He doesn't sulk though, or give me the silent treatment!

I know how you feel. My young dog has now been out several times and has recognised the guns and equipment. Problem is, when I decide to go and smoke a few clays, he sees the gun bag and won't leave my side. Mrs, says he bawls for a bit when I have gone, coz he was left behind. Any other time, going to work etc.... no gun...no problem.

Decoying kit and especially gun bags he works every trick in his book to pull the heart strings.

He doesn't sulk though, or give me the silent treatment!

Get him some Mutt Muffs ear defenders and take him clay shooting with you. :)

just got back home after being out shooting all day,as I walked through the front door he came bounding down the stairs happy as a mad hatter running round like a lunatic and jumping on me full of beans,

asked the wife how has he been today,she said he hasn,t moved from the top of the stairs all day unless he went out in the back to do his business,,poor thing,

well I,m home now so at least hes happy now,,he does make me laugh how he is so clingy with me and no one else,,

I,ll take him out 2moro with his dummies and spoil him,

atb Evo