Clay buddy wanted

Justin Monty

Sorry for the *** bish comment.

I am but not in your neck of the woods. I do just tend to grab an hour or 2 during the week. As well as the default sunday outing.

Sometimes it is quite nice but banterless shooting can get a bit boring

Hello Justin,

I was the same as you when I started clays. I went to my local club and just asked a friendly face if they wouldnt mind me joining them for a round or whatever? In my case it was sporting and I struck lucky that I happened to pick two of the clubs best shots and the advice was brilliant and now whenever I want to go shoot some cllays I have a few numbers to call.

I've done that a fair few times at various clubs and most people are willing to have someone tag along with them. Its also good to shoot with different people as well.

If you haven't already introduce yourself on the new members forum, you'll be surprised who replies and gets in touch. I had a few PW members email straight away offering invites to the local clubs.

Sorry for the *** bish comment.

I am but not in your neck of the woods. I do just tend to grab an hour or 2 during the week. As well as the default sunday outing.

Sometimes it is quite nice but banterless shooting can get a bit boring

lovely kingo thanks very so for your tips justin

Sorry Justin, I'm not in your neck of the woods either, but Maldred is spot on. Just amble along to your local shoot and you'll soon have a few groups to go around with.

@Maldred, I see you're a neighbour. Where do you shoot?

cheers guys thanks so much will have to give it a go just the old nerves kick in being a new comer to it all

Hello Justin,

I was the same as you when I started clays. I went to my local club and just asked a friendly face if they wouldnt mind me joining them for a round or whatever? In my case it was sporting and I struck lucky that I happened to pick two of the clubs best shots and the advice was brilliant and now whenever I want to go shoot some cllays I have a few numbers to call.

I've done that a fair few times at various clubs and most people are willing to have someone tag along with them. Its also good to shoot with different people as well.

If you haven't already introduce yourself on the new members forum, you'll be surprised who replies and gets in touch. I had a few PW members email straight away offering invites to the local clubs.

cheers mate for the surport just got to it but the nerves start kicking in

Thanks maldred

cheers guys thanks so much will have to give it a go just the old nerves kick in being a new comer to it all

Don't give it a thought. I have been shooting for .................. a looooooooong time. Never seen a problem with "newbies" being anything other than welcomed at the local shoots.

If you're really not too sure, talk to the ground owner and ask him/her to introduce you to a group. Just go for it, and don't worry.

Sorry Justin, I'm not in your neck of the woods either, but Maldred is spot on. Just amble along to your local shoot and you'll soon have a few groups to go around with.

@Maldred, I see you're a neighbour. Where do you shoot?

I shoot at Wedgnock in Warwick on a Sunday and a Tuesday evening and other times particularly for open practise at Garlands Farm just north of Tamworth

I shoot at Wedgnock in Warwick on a Sunday and a Tuesday evening and other times particularly for open practise at Garlands Farm just north of Tamworth

I was just being nosey :lol: I have shot at both of those grounds. In fact I bought my first gun from Jamie Garland. I was over at Wedgie a couple of weeks ago on a Tues night. Shot Compak for the first time, and hit 21, which I am told was pretty good. :good:

I tend to shoot at Three Lakes near Tanworth in Arden, sometimes pop over to Kinver - Cross Shooting and at Bordesley & Redditch.

Get yourself over to Fair Clay Targets at Beeston, Alan (HitClays on PW) runs a very friendly shoot, lots of banter with good targets. He is running a Summer Flush this Sunday for PW (see thread on Events & Meets), would have thought that would be the ideal place for you to meet up with other PW members who clay shoot - kill 2 birds with one shell as they say.......you need to PM him directly if you are going to shoot as, unlike his normal shoots, you can't just turn up at this one as everyone is put into teams.......

Get yourself over to Fair Clay Targets at Beeston, Alan (HitClays on PW) runs a very friendly shoot, lots of banter with good targets. He is running a Summer Flush this Sunday for PW (see thread on Events & Meets), would have thought that would be the ideal place for you to meet up with other PW members who clay shoot - kill 2 birds with one shell as they say.......you need to PM him directly if you are going to shoot as, unlike his normal shoots, you can't just turn up at this one as everyone is put into teams.......

hi country side lass think I'm going to look in to this Alan I do hear good things about him cheers

Justin,

Why don't you try the Aylsham Gun Club, good bunch of guys, shooting first and third Sunday each month.

hi yeah blunderbuss I did really good shoot and good lads but it's on the same dates as northrepps which is also a very good shoot I'm so much looking for a in between were do you shoot cheers mate

I shoot Aylsham regularly and I try to attend as many of Alan's flushes as possible. I must admit I do spend more time shooting with the rifles though.

it is a good shoot aylsham on the Heath a good settiing I do go out wit a mate on the rifles but I do think its a bit boring but I do think we all are different