Dyfan out on the rabbits.

eccles

Had a call yesterday afternoon off my little mate Dyfan fancy a shot later Ter. :lol:

Told i'd ring him back in a hour or two. Not long after my cousin from North Wales called in was going fishing on the Dovey.

Forgot to ring Dyfan then phone goes again Dyfan are we going shooting :lol: Said i'd be up by 7.30.

Picked him up at said time ready and waiting. :lol:

We drove up to some land 5 mins from his farm. Out with the HMR rabbits everywhere in huge numbers most of these where not safe to shoot.

Walked up the bank so we could shoot along a good bit of ground. Put rifle on the pod then he was down like a blinking shot. :lol:

He was dropping them right left and centre out to 140 yards think he shot about 10 we left them where they dropped as we might be foxing there next dry night.

We then walked to ridge line Dyfan shooting a few as we went. By then we must have seen over 200 rabbits.

We walked around to opposite side seen a load right up on the steep bank,told him lets see if you can drop a few of them.

Rifle on the pod down he went,how far are them Ter said a good 180 y this bank is 40% so quite steep.

Told him where to aim just missed then nailed it with second shot :yahoo: he then shot a few more roughly the same distance.

Then i though i'll get the little monkey :lol: i told him i want 3 of them for fox bait so up hill he went with me laughing. :lol:

On the way back driving slowly along the lane to his farm i spotted a cub fully focused on the left hand hedge, said to Dyfan fox blinking hell Ter.

Drove slowly down to it to within a few yards the hooted my car horn it frightened the life out of it and off down the road it went and into Dyfan's land.

Dyfan in stitches said we will have it 1 night. Pic of the 3 i made Dyfan fetch :lol:

post-40804-0-45315200-1405495030_thumb.jpg

:lol: He's a lot easier to teach than it was teaching you. :lol::lol: He told me to tell you he'll give you a few tips on shooting next time your up. :lol:

I am not afraid to admit it but Dyfan could teach me a thing or two when it comes to the hmr. ******! Maybe I am so used to the air rifle and using mildots.

Cracking shooting anyway. Darran.

I am not afraid to admit it but Dyfan could teach me a thing or two when it comes to the hmr. ******! Maybe I am so used to the air rifle and using mildots.

Cheers Dar if you fancy another crack at the rabbits etc give me a shout,your welcome to stop with us. If you could make a night do as well you will get loads of shooting :good: atvb Terry

Cheers Dar if you fancy another crack at the rabbits etc give me a shout,your welcome to stop with us. If you could make a night do as well you will get loads of shooting :good: atvb Terry

Cheers Terry that's very kind of you. Work and my transport are giving me a headache at the moment. Get them sorted and I will get down to you. Once again thanks Terry. Darran.

Cheers Terry that's very kind of you. Work and my transport are giving me a headache at the moment. Get them sorted and I will get down to you. Once again thanks Terry. Darran.

Ok Dar no prob anytime you want just let me know. On the good side iv'e bought a cheap susuki vitara yesterday so we can get to some cracking places now. :)

Christine sends her regards. atvb Terry

You have a good shooting buddy there Terry.

Nice to see you are keeping him keen.

Cheers Ian :good: keen he is without a doubt. :lol: he can't wait for school hols. atb Terry

Nice read again , he must be the envy of his mates at school !

Cheers Fenboy :good: most of his school mates are also farmers sons, few of them come out with me if i'm on their farm. He's a great lad coming on great with his rifle shooting. atb Terry