51 Pigeons an hour for 3 Hours...

I was invited to shoot a pea field with the remark "its a pig to shoot" and he was right!!

If you could have shot it with no restrictions then the bag would have been a good 250 plus, the cut of point is just after 2.30 as a foot path starts to get used so our aim in all respects was to keep to the schedule...

It took 3 goes of moving the rotary and flapper to get the birds in a kill zone which gave us a fighting chance of a decent bag...

First shot was at 11.30 with us both taking it in turn with lots of pairs to keep up with the strong flight line....

The kill zone worked well as we managed to drop them in a low patch and picked well as it was far too hot for the dog...

It was a long walk 450 yards round trip.........

The ground is very hard....

Very hot...........

Kit for 2 people is very heavy....

And 140 pigeons take 3 trips!! ( I brought them back as my mates back is not the best)....

However a lot of effort gave a good result...

020_zps6100ae3b.jpg022_zps05b42f95.jpg

TEH

Great day TEH :good: I had a similar day this week. No footpaths, but I couldn't wade into the Barley to collect shot birds, so had to restrict my shooting to where the could be picked. Yes I could have dropped them into the crop and not picked them, but against my ethics. So a 50+ bag was infact 13, but a great day all the same :good:

Thank you...Well I hoped it might inspire the " its to hard, to far, to hot, and you must use heavy load gang"

TEH

WWHHHAATTT? You mean us mere shooters can use our own legs to get to our hides? Wow - never thought I'd see the day. :lol:

haha :-).

Good on you - with all those calories burnt off, you can enjoy a few bevvies and not worry at all now