Mink, a problem worth trapping?

James_w12345

I have some fly fishing on a small stretch of wild brown (with some salmon) river, and the other day, I had 4-5 mink sightings while wading.

Are mink a problem to the fish population?

My old man said "they" used to trap them for free, is this still going on? (I presume the environment agency?).

Should I report the sightings?

I have some fly fishing on a small stretch of wild brown (with some salmon) river, and the other day, I had 4-5 mink sightings while wading.

Are mink a problem to the fish population?

My old man said "they" used to trap them for free, is this still going on? (I presume the environment agency?).

Should I report the sightings?

Mate they are a problem to everything, I was a mink trapper for several years, I don't know where you are but I would think it was possible to get some one involved in your area, if not they are quite easy to trap, or shoot if your seeing them in daylight, sounds like it could be a family group, get rid asap

Used to be a notifiable pest to Min Ag not sure if they still are. I had a mate who was pest officer for Min of Ag he used to rush off to sort problems like mink sadly those days have gone I doubt you could find anyone who knows what to do at the replacement for Min of Ag