Schoolboy error,,!!!

rec-baller

i got a phone call from one of the farmers on one of my permissions saying he was sick of seeing rabbits everywhere, they just seem to have bred like crazy this year round here , so i Took advantage of having some time off today, got down to the farm about 11.30am and got set up in the feild,

the problem i have is that the feild runs parrellel with a main road so i took my BSA Superten ( FAC rated ) with me, its a rifle i don,t use too much so here lies the cock up !!

i put a magazine into the rifle-- i had seen a pellet in the mag, after about 15 mins the first bunny comes out and duly gets shot, 10 mins later next one comes out and also goes down, now the fun starts, i see another one about 40 yards away and put the crosshairs between eye and ear--pull the trigger and hear the air rifle go off BUT the bunny stayed upright !! cocked the bolt and tried again,, same result , only for the bunny to run off !! i was wondering what he hell was going on , just then another rabbit came out about 25 yards away, aim - fire --- nothing !!!

i couldnt belive it !!! full tank of air-- scope bob on --- CHECKED THE MAG ---- EMPTY !!!!!!!!

i had forgotten to fill the magazine up !!!! absolute schoolboy error

anybody else ever done anything as daft ??

shaun

went out last night and totally forgot my mag or so I thought,,,,had to put pellets into barrel one at a time, worst thing was I never shot anything and there was bloody rabbits everywhere,

got back home and the magazine was not there where I normally put it,,checked my gunbag again and I had put it in with the torch,,what an idiot for not checking the whole bag,

wont do that again that's for sure

well knowing me I probably will

atb Evo