Blaser f3

Spud dog

I really fancy one of these guns, reports look gun for the newer versions. Picked one up last week and saw a lot of rib, as if the stock was a bit high for me. I currently shoot a miroku mk38 for clays mainly and my view seams bob on right down the bead.

What will be the affect of seeing more rib, negative or not? Or should I steer well clear as it means the gun doesn't fit?

I know I need to try one before I buy but just wondered what you knowledgable guys thought?

Cheers Andy

I'm on my 2nd one now.

I had the 1st gen silver action one and never had a problem with it and I'm now on the newer F3 Pro which I had fitted and I love it.

With the barrel land stock weights you can balance the gun out to how you like it, I've just also added some U2 Muller chokes to mine.

Don't forget the F3 system is modular so you can change the length and gauge of the barrels to.

Depends how you like to shoot. If you point the gun, as in pointing a finger, seeing rib is beneficial and most people can cope with different comb heights - within reason of course - but if you normally mount the gun like a rifle and see no rib, just the bead, then the F3 is likely to shoot high for you.

What will be the affect of seeing more rib, negative or not? Or should I steer well clear as it means the gun doesn't fit?

it will mean that in the case of this particular gun it will shoot higher for you than your current gun.

it can be a bit deceptive as some guns have a rib which tapers down towards the muzzle. ie a sx3 semi auto or browning cynergy.

my blaser has a rib which is pretty much parallel to the barrel, haven't used one but pretty sure a mk38 is similar.

deciding if it's a negative or not is down to personal preference, and you may have to learn to adjust your sight picture to suit.

a pattern plate will be the only real way to tell what the actual difference is to you.

Westward - no need to patronise when you are wrong. The sigh makes you appear childish and a true pedant.

Comb height depends on the physical make-up of any shooter.

And... as mickmep correctly points out, for any given physical make-up a higher comb will tend to make you shoot higher. Which is exactly what I said and exactly what you disagreed with when I posted it.

Perhaps you should try reading the opening post before jumping all over my post.

No actually this goes around and around in circles so I'm not going to post the full bit again as certain people will keep arguing.

Comb rib height relationship is key in gun fit but so are other factors. Either have someone check you gun fit with the F3 or try shooting it.

Many many people I've fitted guns for complain they see different amounts of rib compared their old gun, my reply is what did you shoot best with, and in some cases what do you want to have made for you, it your cash. Funnily enough most like my measurements, not what they used before.

Edited by welshwarrior