nissan xtrail

hodge911

i have said this before and I believe it is the truth

i filled up and clocked the mileage 3 times

and every time i got 40 mpg

and that is hard and soft driving

70-80mph to city driving

EXACTLY the same mpg as the guy in next street said when i asked looks like i owe him an apology found it hard to believe

this was the only reason i brought it

i wanted a vitara or freelander and would love a range rover or discovery

but i am so glad i did not

this is great one push of a button and you are in 4 wheel drive and one push and you are out again, no levers or reversing to comfuse the missus lol

love mine and would like another when this one goes

have a look here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR7kHC6yiQI

Edited by bazzashadow

• 4 weeks later...

strip and clean the brakes at least once a year, the backs are **** for the pads and sliders jamming, and there is so much drag through the transmission that tracing a wheel bearing is down to guess work, apart from that drop the oil more often than Nissan say and it will plod on for a long time

Mine is the 03 version before the power increase, doesn't lack power though.

Regularly 5 adults onboard and will easily cruise at 90 if you were to be so reckless. :whistling:

I have had engine problems with oil pumps and timing chains which was a bit costly, both front bearings needed replacing too.

Nice car though, I do like to drive it. Centre dash put me off for a while but there's nowt wrong with it, makes it feel more roomy from the drivers seat imo.

Good look with it, wear well :)

Oh yes, 4WD

never have figured that out. All the blurb says it will put itself into 4WD if it detects slip. If that is the case then what exactly is the button for?

I am a farmer and I have taken mine to places it shouldn't be, on only two occasions have I pressed the 4WD button. Once it was sliding sideways into a log pile and the other it skidded on a film of slimy mud on top of wet grass on a hill. It did seem to make a difference but not 100% sure if I needed to.

p.s. my other car is a Terrano which really will go anywhere, comparing it to that the X-trail isn't far behind.

p.p.s. my other other car is a tractor, I use that if the others get stuck. Only had to use it once to pull the Terrano out and that was only because i stopped to take the shot rather than avoid getting stuck. :D

Edited by 39TDS

Oh yes, 4WD

never have figured that out. All the blurb says it will put itself into 4WD if it detects slip. If that is the case then what exactly is the button for?

I am a farmer and I have taken mine to places it shouldn't be, on only two occasions have I pressed the 4WD button. Once it was sliding sideways into a log pile and the other it skidded on a film of slimy mud on top of wet grass on a hill. It did seem to make a difference but not 100% sure if I needed to.

p.s. my other car is a Terrano which really will go anywhere, comparing it to that the X-trail isn't far behind.

p.p.s. my other other car is a tractor, I use that if the others get stuck. Only had to use it once to pull the Terrano out and that was only because i stopped to take the shot rather than avoid getting stuck. :D

The answer's in the manual.

I haven't got a manual. give me a clue. :)

So the system can be isolated in case of a malfunction.

While I'm here, I tried to help the OP but we hit a problem. For the life of me I can not remember if the 02/52/53 vintage models have ESP. I know that my 04 did. I think perhaps in the era mentioned only the higher spec had the facility. Can anyone help and should the system be installed, where is the OFF switch positioned. Just like 39TDS, the OP has no manual either.