Pessimism versus Optimism

It is as myself and a few other people on here have said over the past few months pigeons have been eating the abundance of natural food available this year i.e acorns berries leaf buds etc etc they have always been here but in the woods not on farm land. Now the leaf is fully out and the crops are ripening there are more and more pigeon about and I think this summer / autumn will be a very good one for pigeon shooters. In my area it looks like there are not going to be many acorns about so it looks like unless there is other natural foods about this winter we will be protecting the rape which I for one don't relish but needs must.

It is as myself and a few other people on here have said over the past few months pigeons have been eating the abundance of natural food available this year i.e acorns berries leaf buds etc etc they have always been here but in the woods not on farm land. Now the leaf is fully out and the crops are ripening there are more and more pigeon about and I think this summer / autumn will be a very good one for pigeon shooters. In my area it looks like there are not going to be many acorns about so it looks like unless there is other natural foods about this winter we will be protecting the rape which I for one don't relish but needs must.

I think its going to be another difficult one here. Last year we had a bumper acorn, beech mast autumn. This year the trees are even more laden with mast in particular and I've not seen so many hazlenuts in years!

I think its going to be another difficult one here. Last year we had a bumper acorn, beech mast autumn. This year the trees are even more laden with mast in particular and I've not seen so many hazlenuts in years!

To be honest if there is plenty of natural food about this winter I certainly won't miss winter rape shooting.