name that pellet

guinty1

I remember either reading a review or seeing a video (probably fieldsports tv) for a pellet that carries more energy down range when compared to other brands. I think it had a spiral cut / grooves along its length such that not all the skirt was in contact with the bore, can anyone tell me what this pellet is called.

Thanks

"miracle pellet"

was its name,, only joking

what do you need this pellet for ???,, just get a pellet that groups tightly at whatever distance your shooting at and use those pellets be it hunting or punching paper, but no doubt Kent will pop in and tell you to do different lol

atb Evo

If the skirt didn't fit the barrel/rifling then it would lose power. The heavier pellets retain more downrange as do pellets with a higher BC. As always the best pellet is the most accurate one, an extra 0.5ftlb is no good at 40 yards if you can't hit what you aim at.

It is the "Piledriver", but from watching the link they're only good for fac air....

Jamie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAMSWqJxQ3Y

Piledrivers was orginally made for Countries not allowed .22 Air Guns - where wanting the down range weight to stop vermin

They do work well in sub 12FP - but get the right head size - aware many use them for rat's and birds where normal pellets do not enter Bird

BOB/R

I don't believe that for a moment, if a normal lead pellet is not entering a rat or bird then the rifle is likely to be so underpowered as to be useless and no pellet will change that. Either that of they are shooting at ludicrous ranges and expecting way too much from their rifles and own abilities.

Power is not a problem at sensible ranges if your rifle is anything over 10 ft lbs, accuracy is everything and I'd prefer an accurate pellet over anything else. In my opinion if you want more power, get a FAC air or a rimfire and not a gimmick.

I have Shot Rat's with .177 / .22 / .25 and a well placed round has hit brain box it it rolled over - I have also knocked off limbs as moved

And continued moving -

My normal .177 Round in Phoenix Mark Two - is a Lead Exterminator 9.50 grain domed Head - with Rapid Fire Capablities I can get more than one shot in them

But with today's larger ones a .21 Grain Piledriver - small hole entry and large as it leaves - not moving

Piledrivers design is to deliver a larger lump of Lead @ Target - with real impact that No Air Gun Vermin can take

Not a Fancy Design but was made for Vermin that a lighter .177 pellet would not deliver a killer punch - and larger calibres not allowed

As Stated Made for the World Market Place not just UK Shooters - who have a Choice of any Calibre - in Sub 12FP rifles of FAC Rated Rifles

BOB/R