Any one at catton tomorrow ?

flynny

Nnmaaa ;-)

He he he he ;-)

Reggie I might just slip the mighty in for Alix to have a go. See if I can tempt him to get one.

Yea do so mate, he wants one and wants to go Croatia mate.

Also ask him about the fox he missed last night :lol:

Edited by reggiegun

just got back from catton....yet again we have had fantastic weather and even greater company.....thanks to all that attended the last shoot this year at catton...nice to see you guys again and meet you too flynny....

+1, a well organised day, excellent weather, was also good to meet dougy,blunderbuss and sparkle,

A big thanks to reggie gun and Alix for the ride down, and good banter,(Alix ignore your dad he loves ya really ha ha)

To any of the lads I spoke to who maybe on our forum but didn't get your user names, it was great to meet you also,(beach buoy and warf rat I think???)

That 300 yard hare and the 400 yard fox took some hammering ha ha( I couldn't hit the onions or spuds though!!!!! Ha ha)

My rifles will need a good clean,(when they eventually cool down)

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Yes, once again I had a great day and as per usual it was nice to meet up with the old friends ( Sparkie, Reggie, Alix, Dougie Carl and if I have missed any one out, I apologise) and make new (Flynny and the many others who took the time to have a natter with myself, beachbouy_Ipswich and Wharf Rat). It was the latter two's first visit and I believe they had a cracking day, to which I am sure they will add there own comments in good time. I received a bit of ribbing due to an on going historical private joke, fair enough I took it on the chin. Beware, ya bastriches, the font of all shooting knowledge might be there the next time, then you will all be sorry :lol::lol::lol::good: .

A big thank you to Sparkie and Carl for organising a good shoot again. Also a big thanks to Dougy for spending some time with my son Alix and letting him try his 30-06 and explaining all about boar shooting.

Also a big thank you to Blunderbust for also letting Alix try his 243, which hopefully he will be grassing some deer with in September.

Its good to see like minded folks into the shooting game who are willing to show and help the younger generation. :good:

Also good to meet new people Beachbouy_Ipswich, Wharf Rat and Fisheruk.

Regards,

Reggiegun

Cracking day! Being able to try my rifles at different distances with so many varied targets really allowed me to stretch and improve my rangefinding skills. I hadn't realised how often I must rely on known distance markers where I usually shoot. Having a laugh, meeting new friends, and developing my shooting skills made for a great day that relied upon a lot of others generosity. Hope I can pass on something in the future.

Very big thank you to everyone who organised the day and marshalled. Look forward to everyone at the next meet.