what percenatge of your income is spent on shooting?

kiffy

ive been thinking recently that since getting my SGC coming upto two years ago how much i have been spending on my shooting related activities and its a scarey figure.. im guessing my wage is pretty poor in comparison to most on here and i rekon im spending at least a quarter of my wages on it so thought id ask what you guys are spending... that is of course the ones whos mrs cant see the forum and find out :)

edit: thought i had better mention that im not moaning about being on a poor wage (id change jobs if i where) or moaning about the amount of money im spending... im loving every second of it!

Edited by kiffy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do love it, my problem is theres no shooting as such localy only clays and a round of 100 dtl is easily fifty quid by the time i pay for it all and a bacon roll then theres the fact i dont drive, my shooting partner does and has an old range rover which we use.. and the fuel economy is not very good to say the least.. and we travel from south wales to hereford at the moment and west/north wales in fowling season. i guess my personal situation (sinlge, dont drink, dont smoke and am generally quite tight) means im able to but its still bloody tight

£11 a week for fees ( pheasant syndicate) + £100 in the season for keepers tips.

1 slab of game cartridges £50

70 to 100 miles a week 3 to 4 gallons of diesel @ £19 to £25 per week

Just bought another o/u and cabinet £500

reloading for the .243 £13 for 20 rounds over the year 400 rounds £260

without taking in beating and a new Jacket if I fancy it,

I`ve never done this before it can get frightening we are at £2485 and that's just basics :oops::whistling:

shocking aint it! i think a lot of my spend has been in equipment, my mate has all the decot gear, hide nets etc but if were to split over a field i need my own so thats a acouple of hundred then theres the guns... ive bought a couple and found their not for me and to be honest have been fortunate and not really lost money (got a lanber for sale now i will!) but ive spent a fair bit recently. bought a new semi auto and used trap gun and that wiped me out... but i dont regret a penny of it and hopefully now im fairly settled in my equiment it should ease.. all i need now is a double barell muzzle loader

Edited by kiffy

The last 18 months

£50 fac

£600 cz hmr 455

£500 southern gun co 22lr( now sold to fund 223)

Past 3 weeks

£100 brno 22lr

£40 scope

£40 22lr rounds

£75 12g rounds

£15 bluing kit

Just looking for pigeon magnet £80 this week hopefully .

I've had my sgc over 12 years so it's scary how much I must of spent.

I used to compete at field target and spend £2k on air rifles :(

Mind you after competing at motocross/ enduro and spending £800 a month on racing shooting is cheap.

I spent over 5k in guns only, this year alone... scopes, bipods, shooting sticks, binos and stuff, probably another 2,5k, roughly £500 in shotgun and centerfire ammo and have 3 stalking days booked in August already, not counting the rest of the year...not counting the diesel, i reckon i'll be well over 10k by the end of the year, but don't care, as someone else on here already said, i'm loving every second of it...

I don't really keep track , but I don't go to the pub too much, don't smoke or gamble, don't insist on spending money on designer clothes - so I don't think it's out of proportion. I've got good pals who go on the **** at least once a week and spend £70 on ale. That's how I justify it to the wife anyway 😂

Money is for spending, I like to spend mine on my hobbies, to be honest I spend a mega amount but I try to buy quality that will last me. If this means that I need to save for a couple of months then so be it, but no matter what if I set my sights on it, I must have it no matter what it costs.

I don't want to add it up lol :) but I don't smoke, never drink, don't gamble, don't buy many clothes so the only thing I really spend money on (apart from bill ect) is shooting and I have a motorbike so some money goes on that during the summer.

Same for me, don't smoke, drink very little...just holidays are the big one in my house, the wife demands 2 or 3 per year.....that's why I get my shooting stuff delivered to my office and claim I've had it ages!!!!