what percenatge of your income is spent on shooting?

kiffy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot quite a few hmr rounds and loads of 22 lr at rabbits all year. I am a member of a pheasant sydicate and buy some 100 or 150 bird days all my game shooting I use Blackgold cartridges a few slabs of them, I decoy and roost shoot pigeons i guess 1500 clear pigeon cartridges and some clays so cartridges for that as well. Plus any new guns, scopes plus shooting and beating cloths I add to my lot.

Not sure I want to know how much and best my wife does not.

All of it lol

well at the moment any way, there aint any pockets in shrouds.

And I'm not leaving any money to anyone, and I'm leaving my house to the RSPCA.

Good idea , they can then waste all the cash on trying to get field sports banned :whistling:

I do not spend a great deal £100 for wildfowling but that includes my BASC membership.

I guess fuel is the biggest cost .

I get through several cartridges pigeon shooting but the dead birds usually cover it and some, unless I am having an off day.

I have spent about £1500 on a couple of new guns in the last year but am not one for changing them often and I have no plans for anymore for a number of years.

I would hate to sit down and work it out

Around £100 per week just on clays alone :( , thats without gun costs, fuel ,cartridges, bullets, basc, cpsa, shooting vehicle cost etc

When you think about it , its a expensive pastime

Edited by fruity

Not a lot. I have recently spent about £150 on two night vision setups but appart from that I've only topped up on cartridges and pellets. I sell excess rabbits which easily covers my costs and fuel isn't an issue as I don't need to travel far for my shooting - closest is less that 100 yards and furthest is about 3 miles.

I have a day air rifle, night air rifle and a shotgun which are all old but function as they should and that's all I really need.

Once all my bills are paid. What ever left goes on shooting. Had this discussion the other day. As im fairly new to shooting got my sgc in march. As I told the couple of mates I didn't buy it to sit in my cabinet. Yes I am single yes I do other stuff but at the end of the day I love my shooting. If work didnt get in the way I would be shooting everyday. Ive just started competition shooting now so its going to get even worse lol

Mostly just bullets, cartridges and cleaning supplies, but if you put together everything I have bought over the years then it would probably be quite high. Probably spent a pretty penny clay bashing! New rifle soon I think >:)

Edited by Brad93

My actual shooting costs are not that bad. Its the fuel that kills me, I cannot get enough of chasing pinks, but seeing as I have to travel to Scotland to get at them the miles adds up. I did 3724 miles last season not including trips to me local marsh and will probably do even more this coming season.

im hoping to get a scotish trip in... but failing that my usual fownling trips depending on the estuary i go to is either a 240 or a 280 mile round trip, and my current shooting has a 200 mile round trip so i guess im doing similar mileage or should i say my mate as i dont drive

Since Christmas i have all the gear i need don't pay for bullets or cartridges take it in turns to drive the 2-3 miles to permissions so the only outlay is the odd gingsters pie

so maybe £10 a month though i try to keep that down were possible

Colin

I have trouble keeping down gingsters products as well, :sick: it cost me about ten pounds a week mostly fuel so that's 99% of income

I'll tell you the resource i lack most is time!

When i was a student, my cheap baikal and webley victor , as well as my 3 inexpensive fishing rods were used a lot more than the Wheirach, Lanber, and Loomis/ & Sage rods which i was able to afford to buy when i started work!

Its all relative though, every penny i spend on my fieldspors is money well spent, as although it may be bad for the bank balance, it is very good for the soul!

Cheers

Aled

Wealth is measured in more ways than money.

If you can afford the time and money and it makes you happy it don't matter how much of your income you spend.

Could be worse and have no money or health to do anything fun at all.

Now how to put that into words my wife will understand :lol: new shoes dear.

Figgy