what percenatge of your income is spent on shooting?

kiffy

I reckon I spend about..... on average,.....depending on time of year..... work commitments......family commitments......£50 to £60 per week.

But my wife believes I spend £15 a week, including cartridges and a burger at the clay shoot..ohhh if she ever found out?????? and credit card accounts she knows nowt of!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have never added it up but when you cost old 4x4, three dogs (2insured), syndicate £400, a few cheap days £100, £100+ cartridges and always £100 or so on new clothing it is getting up to £2-2500 min. This is partly offset by beating (£600). Can we add game fairs into this - we do a few, there's 3 of us so that with entrance fees, travel, food, purchases etc is another £4-500.

It's only money and if you can afford it this is the economy at work so spend more enjoy yourselves.

I am afraid to add it up!

£105 Wildfowling permit.

£410 on pheasant syndicate.

£50 land rental for one area.

£50 for another.

Normally have a trip away after the geese, close to £400.

Petrol to go do a feed once a week £10

Petrol driving a 40+ mile round trip to get to the closest marshes sometimes twice or three times a week. So over the season I'd say, roughly £600 or more.

Probably a 1000 game cartridges 180

Don't spend much on wildfowling cartridges probably 25-50 a season at most. Call it £20

That's £1.935 so far!!! I spend more on clothing and bits and bobs! It all adds up to a scary amount. I quite happily sacrifice gong out for a few beers or meals to have a day on the marsh though!!!

We work ourselves to an early grave, spend it when you're here lads, it's no good when you are dead!! If I die with 1000s in my bank account, I will have failed in life :)

This is how I sell it to the wife........

I work shifts, four on the last two are nights then four off, she also works shifts but there not as good as mine...... We also have two young children (the eldest is 4 and I've bought her a .410 already)

Due to my shifts I have to look after the kids far more than her and we save on child care, thus I can spend what I like without her noticing..... This seems to work however I do buy carts in a couple of thousand at a time and hide them in the garage...

I have a rule, buy cheap buy twice, so I save out of season then buy the best I can afford.....

I wonder what it costs to compete at the top in sporting clays. Practice entrance fees clothing and fuel. If you do some fitasc and travel abroad.Hotels and many thousands of carts.

Must be up in the tens of thousands a year, probably a wage to a lot of people.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

I really didn't want to look at this thread! :sick:

Just started working it out and for club memberships (for my son & I) it's £740 a year before we've fired a single shot!.

Removed the rest of the post as it's too much information for my ex to find!!! :lol:

Edited by phaedra1106

Either most people don't shoot much or I do too much

Orston DSG shoot Sat 130 cartridges £25 , £35 entry £6 food and drink £5 fuel total £71

Grange farm Sunday 100 cartridges £22. £36 entry food and drink £9 fuel £22 total £89

This week end total £160

Last week £450 on powder £170 on wads

Next week £250 on lead £240 on shells (factory shells for registered shoots ) that's before we pull the trigger

Deershooter

well looking back over the four pages since i started this thread its become obvious that im not the only one spending a lot of my income on our wonderfull sport (not mentioning all my savings buying guns) and seeing some figures that are being spent its quite scarey