fibre wads with plastic opturators

hi all now your honest feedback will be very much appreciated tomorrow I am setting up the machine to do 67mm 32 gram nickel shot plastic disc or obturator by guilandi at 6.5 mm thick with a Diana wad this is a sold order of 30 000 in your humble opinions is this a fibre cartridge coz it does cracking ballistics at 385 x 2.5 by 580 bar to 620bar you see people I hate making a bad job of anything I do and the deviations I get with the 4 mm opc card and big wad I would not like to talk about what other companies do and put on the market is not my concern but I will say this the day you must shoot fibre or must shoot steel is the day I stop shooting maybe go to Bolivia and open a dove shooting lodge now point of law coz the main driving wad is fibre is this a fibre cartridge thanks all george

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32s are a bit heavy for most field use IMHO except if you are putting them through a semi or heavy O/U, you dont advise shot size but I would think they are for clay use. Load a few with felt and see how they do. For game/pigeon/field use personally the load is to heavy for my lightweight guns. 30gr of 5s at about 1400 at teh muzzel works for me in the O/U or 28gr in the SBS, You may find a niche with a 12 bore 28gr 5 shot felt wad load.

A

A

Edited by Alycidon

no alycidon I am sorry if you misunderstand me the shot size is 15000x uk5 and 15000 uk7on the order for grouse then pheasants he had some last year and loved them hence the repeat order the ballistics r excellent as described above the chap loves them to bits but for me George to continue the run on the machine and sell them is it proper to sell them as a fibre cartridge???

Lyalvale use a plastic obturator in place of a nitro card, as do I because the ballistics are far better. In particular the hushpower cartridges I make benefit from having an obturator under the fibre wad because it takes less powder to get the correct speed and less powder equals less gas and so less report out of my moderated gun. I don't see those tiny plastic discs as a problem and those that do are probably being a bit precious about it.

http://www.gualandi.it/en/products_plastic_wads/coppetta_bior.html

Edited by sitsinhedges

I also make a 40 gram shot size anything you want but because the main wad is fibre other than the disc of plastic we use them on game at sum estates do allow them but chaps can George sell them as a fibre wad cartridge.?? that is the magic question thanks George

Well some of the big manufacturers clearly do so there's your answer.

Guest stevo

I would NOT use them as they are clearly Not Classed as a fibre wad , I know of no game shoot in this part that would allow such use . I have also just had a look on at Express and there using a 4mm card in there HV and a 2.5 in there standard fibre loads

fibre means fibre, I know you have clearly stated a piece of plastic in the cartridge so they cannot be sold as fibre only,,

if I used them on a few of my perms then the farmer would not be happy with bits of plastic everywhere but I wouldn,t mind trying them out on a perm I could use them,

atb Evo

Hi

Just to turn this round a bit

George is the expert he produces them developed them

And is using the forum to promote them

So realy he should be telling us '!!!

Also his market research should have worked out from the threads on here that a lot of us use FIBRE WADS

So in my opinion from reading a lot on the forum a lot want

Fibre wads

True 5 .6.7.shot

28 grams

That patterns and kills pigeon

And a price to deliver a decent quantity

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

Guest stevo

Hi

Also his market research should have worked out from the threads on here that a lot of us use FIBRE WADS

Fibre wads

True 5 .6.7.shot

28 grams

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

So why is he asking us . When he should be telling us ??

The carts he is on about can not be called fibre .

Just because my diesel work van has a can of petrol in the back . Still doesn't change the fact its a diesel haha

Edited by stevo

could he not just put fibre and plastic on the box ??? well that's what they are,

but lets be honest,,if you bought fibre carts and bits of plastic started flying out,, would you be happy ???

I know I wouldn,t as usually fibre is dearer than plastic ??? but why is that, maybe he can answer the question for me

atb Evo

I agree with Sitsinhedges, you gotta draw the line with anality. There are probably already loads of people who unknowingly and knowingly shoot fibre shells that have plastic obturators, as he said main manufacturers already sell such shells and hardly anyone is going to even notice the tiny plastic disc.

Just to cover the legalities though I'd mark the boxes as fibre wad/plastic obturators.

Guest stevo

Can anyone name another cartridge which is labeled fibre but has a bit of plastic in it?

I too would also like to know , I personally cant think of any ?

stevo

Edited by stevo

Hi

Fibre wads

True 5 .6.7.shot

28 grams

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

:good:

:shaun:

Guest stevo

Game bore 20 gauge fibre were

blooming hell OF your right ( not that I was doubting you ) It was a good few yrs ago that I used them in my 20 gauge , I cant comment for how long they did for , I cant think any of the big company's do it now , I doubt they would get away with it , well I wouldn't of thought so .

I can see what people are saying about there " needs to be a line on it somewhere " problem is ............... that's just the way it is .

not just that , and this is just MY opinion , I know you get better ballistics with the plastic disc in , but speed and fibre wads imo don't really go , I THINK you get a much better load if you slow it down a tad , , but as I say that's just me .

Edited by stevo